Robin Hood Daytona

Guest g.miller

Guest g.miller

Hi

I have a car built by Robin Hood engineering in the early 1980's which is a Ferrari Daytona, based on a Jag XJ12 platform.

doe's anyone know if there are any more in your club?

sorry if this is in the wrong section [new to the club]

Grant

post-2410-1174754454_thumb.jpg

post-2410-1174754495_thumb.jpg

post-2410-1174754513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr G.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grant, welcome to the forum! As far as I know you are the only one with a Daytona (can't be too many around). It would be great to find out a bit more about the car - will we see you at Stoneleigh? The car looks great from the photos..

Guest g.miller
Grant, welcome to the forum! As far as I know you are the only one with a Daytona (can't be too many around). It would be great to find out a bit more about the car - will we see you at Stoneleigh? The car looks great from the photos..

Thanks for the welcome

Would love to come to Stonleigh but not sure how the club would react to a car that's not the norm.

my car was factory built apart from minor finishing, they took the body off an XJ12 shorten and strengthened it and fitted as far as i can tell an exact fibre glass body copied from an original Daytona [thats sounds easy but it must have been a major task to source the parts, windscreen etc.] [ i have all the original sales literature and invoices] so it looks like the real thing pretty much but with Jag mech. and V12 although a later BMW manual gear box has been fitted instead of the auto.

Guest Bazwaz
Thanks for the welcome

Would love to come to Stonleigh but not sure how the club would react to a car that's not the norm.

I've found this snippet of information. I remember seeing a daytona at the factory years ago.

"RS Daytona was the creation of Richard Stewart in Nottingham. So besoted by the car was he that he turned a Rover SD1 into a spyder and started converting them for others. However in his quest for accuracy he was soon removing bodies from V12 Jaguars, shortening them by 9 inches and adding a fibreglass composite body. He sold them all over Europe but wasn''t making any money allegedly.

His final derivative was to put the body on a lengthened TR7 chassis/inner body."

You're more than welcome to join us. We've a lot of members who are not "the norm" never mind the cars. :D You don't even have to have a car to be a member, just an interest in kit cars is enough. Hope to see you at one of the shows,

Barry

Richard can type faster than me.

Guest piddy

Get yourself to Stoneleigh. You and your car will be more than welcome. You will be surprized how the members will flock to see a car different from the norm.

Even more so when they realise it's a Daytona a lot of members have seen pictures of them but not many have sean one in the flesh.

Guest chris brown

Fantastic, hope you can make it to Stoneleigh and join us on the club stand, as Piddy says lots of us have never seen one me included. On second thoughts stick a tent and sleeping bag in and stay over, lots of us do and always have a great time

Just noticed you are near Cambridge where abouts? I'm just outside St Ives

Guest piddy

Just looking at your location.

It would seem that you are from my area. Easthoods + (Norfolk.Suffolk And Cambridgeshire)

We will be running a convoy to Stoneleigh for sure.

Guest g.miller

Thanks everybody

I live near Cambridge only about 10 miles from Chris now thats a coincidence [Cottenham near Cambridge]

Edited by Mr G.

Welcome to the fold, but i wouldnt let Chris near it if i was you :shok: , only Joking, Chris is a mine of info and a great bloke,

like the others have said, come to Stonliegh and join the fun, after all its one of Richard Stewarts creations im looking forward to having a look,

Incidently, when the NWEst lot were in Wales last year, im sure a garage owner said he had one too, so there are others out there

Mitch