Ignition System.....mystery Wires

Guest Rich

Ok I'll actually post this ......and not just press post preview !...oops

I am having trouble identifying a couple of wires on my electronic ignition unit. Holding the unit with the writing the right way up and facing me so far I have......

Green...............-ve on coil

Black................+ve on coil (via a supressor)

Black / Green...????????

Green / Yellow.. Plug on distributor

Black / Red........Plug on Dis.

Brown...............?????....possibly earth ???

Also on the distributor plug .....Although there are only 2 wires going to it from the EIU there is a third black wire at the moment just dangling where if anywhere does this go ???

Thanks in Advance.

Guest graham dockerill
:D Rich I think you have got it right, if you look at 'what wire goes where' in this electrics section I asked the same question and after about a hundred viewings Jim came up with answer. I've since found a answer on yaahoo where the guy(can't think who it was) left the green/black unconnected and everything worked allright. I havent fired mine up yet as i've now got a broken manifold stub but I have a spark at the plugs. I think the other wire off the dizzy is a earth which i've ignored. Also the live+ on my loom (autosparks white) is the only one I have connected from my loom onto the coil. regards Graham

Thanks Graham,

I didn't realise you'd asked the same question........I'll make a note to check other posts more carefully in future........I'll get the hang of this message bored thing yet......if I'm not sat here answering my own questions I'm duplicating other peoples and having to type messages twice because I click on the wrong thing.........right best go and tuck those pesky spare wires out of sight.