Mike G's Exmo In Excellent Condition

Guest Mike G

Guest Mike G

ROBIN HOOD EXMO

Have loads of fun this Summer and buy my EXMO. New project means my pride & joy needs to be sold, with 4 month's MOT remaining. Everything works, goes and sounds great!!!

Built around 1997, based on D-reg Ford Sierra 1600cc Pinto engine & 5-speed gearbox (both reconditioned), independent rear suspension and other Ford mechanicals.

Mostly in store for 3 out of first 5 years, travelling only 125 miles in the hands of first owner (supported by MOT certificates).

Purchased by me (second owner) in 2002, and since carried out the following improvements:-

1) Fitted Cobra factory seats

2) Fitted 2 new 4-point racing-type harnesses (seat-belts)

3) Fully carpeted the interior

4) Fitted new Caterham sidescreens

5) Fitted ‘Surry’ hood

6) Fitted tonneau cover

7) Improved security and fitting of bonnet, together with stainless steel side-vents

8) Total refurbishment of original twin-choke Weber carburettor, together with conversion to

manual choke, plus improvement to air filter arrangements

9) Fitted Alloy wheels & Michelin tyres

10) Constructed lockable boot area (padded & lined)

11) Refurbished brakes, replaced front flexible pipes together with a new front calliper

12) Replaced radiator with larger capacity version, and re-fitted into nosecone

13) Replaced original engine-driven fan with new large diameter electric version (with adjustable

thermostat)

14) Fitted new dashboard of burr-maple walnut (replica), with Smith replicas gauges - speedo, rev

counter, clock, oil pressure/water temperature/fuel gauges, and warning lights (see photo)

15) Fitted new silencer and pipe ex. Custom Chrome Ltd

16) Insulated exhaust manifold and pipes with heat-insulating bandage

17) Lined bonnet and engine compartment with noise insulation material

18) Replace original anti-roll bar with tie-bars, to improve suspension and handling

19) Replaced factory fuel tank with new polycarbonate version

20) Fitted unique hand-made stainless-steel nosecone grill (see photo)

21) Fitted new windscreen, and raised its position

22) Fitted reconditioned alternator

23) Fitted new petrol pump

24) Fitted new Mountney wooden steering wheel

25) Fitted new tyre to spare-wheel, with PVC cover

26) Replaced loads of odds & ends, including: wooden gear knob, mirrors, arm-rests, latest factory

badge on nosecone

Colour scheme is Stainless Steel with red fibreglass wings and nosecone. New seats and boot area in black PVC, with dark blue carpetting.

All invoices available from Day 1 of original build.

Current mileage has just topped 5,400ml (travelling around 1,000ml per year in my ownership)

Car can be viewed in Hertfordshire SG4 8EQ

Contact me for loads of photos

PRICE £3,750 o.ono.

post-728-1176731470_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike G

I have advertised my car in loads of Internet sites, village corner shop window, office noticeboard, magazines - you name it! Getting lots of enquiries but no cash offers as yet. Would prefer to sell it to a hood enthusiast, so come on guys who wants to make me an offer?

Car comes complete with 3 month's MOT and 10 month's Road Tax.

Cheers

Mike G

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mike G
I have advertised my car in loads of Internet sites, village corner shop window, office noticeboard, magazines - you name it! Getting lots of enquiries but no cash offers as yet. Would prefer to sell it to a hood enthusiast, so come on guys who wants to make me an offer?

Car comes complete with 3 month's MOT

Cheers

Mike G

Post-script - I thought I had sold the car to someone overseas by e-mail transaction, which turned out to be a scam!!

The so-called deal was to accept a cheque for twice the selling price, and pass on the extra dosh to a 'Shipping Company' supposedly to transport the car by ship. The cheque is duff/stolen, and by the time you or your bank realise the money in your bank account is as good as Monopoly, you could be well out of pocket, and the scammer is long-gone! Fortunately for me, I spotted the Met Police's web-site dealing with this and a lot more rip-offs.

SO MY EXMO IS STILL FOR SALE. CONTACT ME TO VIEW & TEST-DRIVE IN HERTFORDSHIRE

Cheers

Mike G

• 2 weeks later...