Chassis

Guest chrisg

I have been giving some thought to a possible winter project to change in total the front suspension set up on my Exmo. The current system is not great and it seems unlikely that replacement front struts will be available in the future.

I wonder if anyone else with an Exmo has gone to the extreme limits by replacing in total the current set up and with what, what cost, and how technically painful?

Any advice or thoughts wouls be much appreciated.

I am atempting to do this modification myself http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?show...&st=0entry133 my idea is to add on a new front frame and utilise suspension components as used on the 2b (which I will have to fabricate myself). I've just bought all the odd's and sods for this and hope to have this complete by the end of the year (I'm a slow worker!)

I used the wishbones from MK, I don't know what the cost will be today though.

If you don't have the wherewithall to weld stainless I imagine it's going to be costly, unless you "know" a guy who can.

The frame I made is similar to the front of any tube framed seven (but out of stainless) details of which are freely available on the web. The difficulty I found was the fact that the whole car was not truly straight, so nothing acurate to work to. But I got it near enogh to make a big imoprovement in ride and handling.

post-3-1064736744.jpg