Insurance

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Battery Bill
On a note, with Roadsure, if you already have RAC or AA cover, then you can get them to delete that part of the cover, saving more money.

Buggers never told me that! :gdit:

Guest trevor hooley

:blink: re newal came for the hire car yesterday, £ 337 from roadsure, rang them up and couldnt get it any cheaper, out of intrest rang adrian flux £220 fully comp 5000miles ( i wish the blas*** thing would do 50 without breaking down !!!) called roadsure back whoi couldnt match it so now with fluxy

watch those renewals

karl

:) as a side note ben from roadsure rang me back ten minutes ago (28/04/04) having seen this post and has just quoted me £196 quid all in inc breakdown

Edited by trevor hooley

• 1 month later...

just had my renual through from Graham Sykes £171.52 TPFT up about £55 on last year

i'm 32 with a 2.0L pretty standard 2B locked in garage 3000 max miles(excluding commuting)with an SP30 speeding fine

so decided to phone around and go for fully comp this time

Adrian Flux £177.50 (inc commuting)

Roadsure £169.06 (inc commuting)

So i calles Sykes back to gloat and was told they could do fully comp with commuting for ............£151.52

moral of the story ....TPFT is not always cheeper than fully comp...and give Sykes a bell and tell them i sent you!!! :D

Guest chris brown

Just put my lad on to my insurance only wanted it for a week cost £35 to add him for rest of term of insurance £20.80 how do you work that out ( by the way that is Roadshure )

I also do this as a matter of course nowadays but it irritates me that I have to. Given that we are required by law to have insurance I'd like them to be required by law to give me their best price every time rather than just what they think they can get away with - but I suppose that's retail. Unfortunately they all share data nowadays so how do we know they aren't actually price-fixing? The system stinks and the only reason I bother is that I'm legally required to so the best price I can get for number one is what I go for.

If the government (and that's any government) had an ounce of common sense they would see that if they make it easy for someone to comply with a law they probably will. If insurance was a reasonable price people would be less likely to drive without. If taxation on fuel was sensible people wouldn't risk running on red diesel if public transport wasn't a joke more people would use it etc. etc. etc. rant rant rant.

Sorry - just read the stuff about the guy who was fined for warning people about a tax camera so I'm in a particularly anti-authority mood.

Who'll vote for me?

Iain

• 4 weeks later...

I love Roadsure! :wub:

they beat Fluxy by around £50 for the Hood! :)

They beat Fluxy by over £20 for the Jeep! :D

And they've just insured Mutley on a Quantum 2+2, fully comp for ½ the price that he was paying on a diesel 1500cc Corsa. :) :D

• 2 months later...
Guest pmeads

Just bought my first Hood at the age of 54, midlife crisis or what. Shopped around for insurance and ended up at Roadsure. 3000 miles, £100 excess, legal protection. fully comp no no claims £88.48 plus £38.00 for breakdown cover. Nearly fell off the keyboard.

Guess who I`m insured with?

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

:o ive been sorting out insurance for the new vortx(bike engine)and wow does it vary

roadsure.......£726

footman james.....£1600 :lol:

adrian flux............£890

graham sykes.........£2456 :o :lol:

ozbournes.............£289 :rolleyes: thank god for that

all the above were with agreed value of £10,000 and 8000 mile limit per year with breakdown and european cover

well it certainly pays to phone around