Insurance

Guest Tim Norman

Heritage, were very good last year, agreed value, 5k miles 2,0 £145

this year young orifice boy ballsed it up big time, problems with his knowlage of kits, i threw a :angry: and cancelled, they said it would cost me £20 until i wrote a snotty e-mail and got full refund,

rang Flux and the knocked £50 of original quote (why cant the decide there prices) with agreed value, so im now back with them.

some reason roadsure dont like my postcode and always come back with silly figures.

as long as Ben doesnt answer at Heritage, it is worth a ring.

Mitch

Guest Battery Bill

So when they answer the phone if the bloke says "Ben Speaking" shall we hang up then :lol: :lol: Poor bloke would get worried if we said can I speak to someone competant? :lol:

Guest tom2b

no knock for knock your insures pay for there damage and there insures pay for yours. The reason i offered to pay is i was 6months into building up my first years ncb (im 19). My insurance was £400 using pass plus basically as a years ncb, past plus wont be valid next year so unless i had the years ncb my renewal will double to £800. So if i payed her £200 to get a new bumper it would work out cheaper all round. I had whiplash but i dont want to claim due to all the paperwork involved.

Tom

I think you should speak to her and try and sort it before informing the insurance, and try and sort it out that way.

Whiplash comment was aimed at the third party, they can probably claim and earn a grand from you're insurance, you only need to sneeze on someone now and the ambulance chasers want you to sue.

Poor bloke would get worried if we said can I speak to someone competant?

he knows how i feel, he kept asking if i had returned the proposal form,

"posted THIS morning"

Ben

"not recived it"

Me

"This morning, after we spoke of the mistakes,"

Ben

"But we havent recived it"

Me,

"11am THIS MORNING"

Ben

"but we cant process until we recive it"

Me,

"give the bloody postman chance to collect it from the box"

"Ben oh sorry, you posted it this morning"

So yes,if its Ben ask for someone else,

Ben if you read this, ask for some training

Guest tom2b

i did try to sort it, but she was having none of it, apparently she had protected ncb and didnt giv a toss about me. This was 7weeks ago so its all going through insurance now :( too late to stop it as i had to report it to my insures aswell.

Tom

This may sound silly, but I know it has worked in the past. If the damage is minimal that your insurers pay out, you could contact them and check first, then offer to re-imburse their outlay in order to retain your no-claims bonus.

Officially if no payment has been made by your insurers they cannot jeopardise your no-claims bonus.

You need to ensure third party IS NOT claiming any injury and ensure that the insurers have confirmed any payment is in full and final settlement.

Guest Battery Bill

Alan

It was simply a renewal quote through the post!

I am waiting to see if they will knock the RAC cover off like last year, and RHOCAR discount ? Looks like they may be paying me in the end :lol: :lol:

Guest Battery Bill

Better news, I increased my milage allowance to 7000 and because of my RHOCAR membership the fee stayed the same £113 :D :D :D

(There you go all you non believers, Its definately worth Joining the club ) :D :D

• 1 month later...
Guest mc_clean_david

I have a Robin Hood 2b Plus and am just finishing it off! I priced insurance about 1 year ago and was quoted £400!

Now i am being quoted £900 + !

I am 21 & live in N. Ireland.

Can anyone give me a number for an insurance company who will insure 21 year olds and N. Ireland?