Insurance

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Battery Bill

mc_clean_david

Who did you get the quote from then?

And have you tried Roadsure? (Who also recognise RHOCAR membership so its well worth £15 :D :D ) :D

I think your £400 quote must have been either wrong, or third party. It also depends greatly on how many miles you tell them you are going to do.

I'm 22 (first car, so no 'no claims'), and have recently been getting quotes. As it's going to be my only car, i've said 8000 miles, and my best quote was from sureterm of £897 w/£250 excess (£650 if 5k miles).

Fluxy quoted me £1900 with £500 excess, but my worst quote was £2700!!! (not mentioning any names).

Roadsure only do tpft if you're under 25.

Andy

Guest peter2b2002

flux quoted me over£200 for this years insurance, last year it was £138,road sure 1st quoted £340 then called back to say £131???? 5k +100 ex 2b 2ltr £4500

pete2b

Guest Steve.G

So Roadsure are still in existence - I've just spent 45 minutes on hold and have given up. Still awaiting any form of documents after my February renewal :gdit: :gdit: :gdit:

Steve.G

• 2 weeks later...

i just rang up sureterm to buy insurance, and they did a very very good job of not selling it to me :gdit: :gdit: :gdit:

The chappy i got tried to started telling me what i wanted to do, and when i wanted to drive it and they threw a wobbly as i'm changing occupation next month. So *bleep* the lot of 'em, i'm going elsewhere now. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Right, courtesy of osbourne's, i'm now insured at £721 for 5000 miles with my father as an additional driver, and setup so that i can have my car either in sheffield or at my parent's house, parked on the drive.

I'm 22 with no NCB

Guest Battery Bill

Today I got a letter from Roadsure saying they did not have my RHOCAR membership number :boohoo:

I phoned them straight away they answered within 2 rings took my membership details over the phone and all was sorted :D :D

Nice to report the good work sometimes :D :D

• 1 month later...
Guest mark kingston

Just had my renewal throu from adrian flux for £159.40 for drive 42 years old fully comp, 3000 miles per year. 2.1 pinto in a 2B. 1 no blaim accident in the past 3 years.

did some phoning around and here are the quotes. including legal insurance cover

with £100 excess.

1) roadsure =£183

2) sure direct =£141.60

3) osbourne smiths = £154.79

4) grapham sykes =£130.77

so i phones adrian flux back and asks about the price beater guarantee leaflet they put in with the renewal notice and advised them i had been quoted £130.77 by Grapham sykes.

After a few moments the girl returns to the phone and agrees to do it for £124.40

why dont they quote us the best price in the first place and save us all playing this silly game every year???

regards

Mark kingston

Give these people a try. They knocked £30 of the price I paid to Flux last year :D

http://www.roadsure.ltd.uk/rhocar.htm

Dependant on the volume of custom they get from us they have offered to sponsor a few shows!!

Every little helps

Cheers

I have tried the link to this site but it didnt work, Have they changed web address do you think???? Regards Yan :boohoo:

Guest chris brown

I have just (22 June) renewed with Roadsure which this year was £158.01 which broke down into £103.00 for the insurance (with RHOCaR discount) the remainder for Legal protection and "Roadsure rescue" which is the Full RAC cover including continental cover. Incidentally this is for 5000 miles per annum.

• 2 months later...

A few things about kit car insurance that are different from "normal car" insurance that you need to be aware of.

There is a maximum mileage limit that can be taken out for this type of insurance, with Roadsure it's 7000 miles, it was 6000 miles with Adrian Flux a couple of years ago (it may have changed), so if you ask for a yearly mileage over their limit,(or go over it, and then declare it!) then you will get a NORMAL car insurance policy, not cheaper kitcar insurance, so don't go over their maximum limit.

Most policies nowadays will include roadside assistance & Legal Eagle cover, you can have these removed to make it cheaper (would recommend that you keep the legal protection, unless you're a solicitor)

You will get a 10% discount with Roadsure for being a member of RHOCAR (I believe AF do as well), but if you let your membership lapse, then you risk your insurance being null & void in a claim, as they check.

There is only about a £10 increase for every 1000 miles that you increase, so it's not worth skimping.

Most kitcar insurance (not all) don't work on a "no claims" scale.

Postcodes play a big part to a lesser or more degree in the price of this type insurance.

I know that there's probably exceptions and additions to these basic notes, but that's just what they are, basic notes to assist new owners about kitcar insurance.

jim