Insurance

Guest Tim Norman

:) all knew my situation and all insurance companies talk to each other

also i got cover to and from work

oh and i told thwm it was kept on the driveway under a folding garage not brick built

i must admit to getting a shock from f/j and greaham sykes :blink:

Guest captn Pugwash

Andy,

Thanks for the insurance company phone numbers, and the pressie ;) :) :) :)

Will try some tomorow as I have bid on a jago jeep for cabin boy, for his birthday tomorrow.

Cheers

Dave

Captain pugwash

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MJTyke

Just received my renewal quote from Flux - £408.50 !!!

Tried Roadsure but all contact info seems to be down - are they still in business ?? anyway, tried Graham Sykes, £117.53. No prizes for guessing which one is getting my business.

Moral of the story, always shop around.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest johnboymac

Im just about to get a quote - but have been wondering what sort of value people have been attaching to their cars? I mean, as a rule of thumb it would cost 4-5k to buy a complete hood, but it would cost about 2k to get a whole new kit of parts. so what figure to you go for? - someone elses car or a rebuild? and does it make a lot of difference to the quote.

cheers, J

Guest Battery Bill

I got a letter from Flux asking me to get a quote from them, so I gave them a call.

Snotty girl who spoke first almost put me off,... :gdit: !! then it was a long wait on the answerphone before some bloke answered, he kept asking for a few details then putting me on hold for 5 mins at a time :gdit: :gdit:

Then his quote was £240 with No discount for RHOCAR membership (Thats £114 more than last year with Roadsure)

Needless to say I will shop around

after alot of messing with the renewal from my Last insurer, i phoned Flux, asked for a quote and the knocked it down to £130, so this year i have returned to Flux.

2.1ltr, 5000miles and 5k value,

mitch

Guest tom2b

stupid question here but ive just been involved in what should go through as a "knock for knock" accident that the other driver insisted taking through insurance even though she had less than £200 of damage to her car i offered to pay out my own pocket! will this affect my insurance badly?