Insurance

Guest Tim Norman

Postcodes play a big part to a lesser or more degree in the price of this type insurance.

I know that there's probably exceptions and additions to these basic notes, but that's just what they are, basic notes to assist new owners about kitcar insurance.

I found the rating system with respect to postcodes to be very odd - the insurance on my car is the same in rural shropshire (parents' house) as it is in urban sheffield!

Guest mikeabel

Just renewed my insurance and Adrian Flux included a note in my renewal which stated that they would beat any other quote "GUARANTEED" which they did, after phoning one other company my insurance is now down to £105.88 Fully Comp.

• 3 weeks later...

Are there many under 25s with hoods?

spotted the cars at renault world series...really liking them so i'm playing with the idea of building one possibly. still not sure if it's do-able. my terrace is no good so its dads garage or a large awning in mates back garden! and the dreaded running costs.......well insurance basically.

just wondering if theres anyone from around my generation in a similar situation??

basically it would be my 2nd car, so no ncb to use. probably garaged, limited mileage.

Im 24 come november. but..

*L Liverpool

1-21 Refer*

come under that category^ being L18.

and have an SP50 and 1 claim against me. (similar to Tom2b's case-minimal damage but a sore neck :!)

Im estimating it would cost me a small fortune... :(

Guest docter fox

I'm 17 and have a 2.0 litre hood :D go for it! although i dont reallty know what your talking about when you say L18's and SP50's :unsure:

if you build your own then you'll probably be 25 by the time its done so insurance will be a doddle for you!

Guest Battery Bill
SP50's

That will be speeding in a 50 zone :wub: :wub:

Not that I would know of course :lol: :lol:

Dads garage sounds best, and you could rope him in to help you out as well.

Go for it

:D :D

the SP50 is speeding on the motorway.

i was stupid and got caught at 3 figures so got a 500 fine plus 6 points...

the L18 is my postcode. a nice area but its within 5 miles on the city centre... :(

i bumped a woman at the lights 2 years ago..less damage could be caused by a passing handbag...but she had a sore neck and 3 weeks off work 3 days later..:grrr:

Im tempted...very tempted....

but i have a house i need to sell to release some cash go 1/2s on another with the girlfriend and buy some cars :)

Guest docter fox

sorry I forgot to add that bit :lol:

It's £605 TPFT with Footman James, which although is expensive, isn't to bad when you compare it to other cars for people my age, ie. a friend with a 1 litre mini paying nearly £800 ;)

but it should be a fair bit less for you, but be careful with the miles, mines only 1500 miles a year :unsure: the mileage makes a BIG difference for young people <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Adrian Flux price hike too much this year ! I nsured with road sure today ,saved about £50 ! Rac cover not mentioned in deal ,but I'm very pleased with the deal from them .

Guest Andy Rathbone

i am 26, i was insured last year with A Flux 5000 miles fully comp on 1600 2b grand total cost around £250. similar to you but i have SP30 no dents claimable.

this years renwal, i tried roadsure and A Flux did a price match and knocked £10 out of it this years premium £ £££££ wait for it £££ £180 yes 0ne hundred and eighty pounds for the same cover.

kits are cheep to insure because not many have accidents, because the drivers are generally older (sorry guys but its true)and all kit car drivers are very aware of their own mortality, especially when looking up at people in mini's(proper ones not BMW's) .

your dads garage is a great place to build it, come to think of it thats where mine still lives as i dont have a garage yet(still digging the hole) :D

hope this convinces you.

If insurance becomes a real problem for any of us younger drivers, assuming you have a normal everyday car there is a solution........ insure your car with CIS who give you a third party underwriting that allows you to drive any car you dont own (aslong as its insured by its owner) on a third party only basis. My friend uses his CIS policy to drive his dads lotus and his own kitcar that his dad has insured for next to nothing fully comp!

i know norwich union have stopped doing it for people under 25 as they removed it from my policy, does that mean they are now stopping doing it altogether?

And who would do a thing like that?

Answer:Me

Reason: insurance companies are a rip off so anyway of saving a wedge is always good!