Barkston, Who & How Many Are Going

Guest Steve Allen

Guest John Walton

Robin,

charges are per driver, still excellent bang for buck.

Support crew very welcome.

any problems contact me.

waltjo750@aol.com

07769 717180

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bob's Babe

Not that many of you boys have signed up....if a few more don't make the effort in July this could be the last year we run this event, which would be a shame as it is a cheap way to give the car a good thrashing in fairly safe conditions

SUE

Guest Steve Allen

Tim/Sue how many have we got coming, I could have got a few more but thought we would struggle for places, The next event i will let you know in advance of other people interested, cant believe it as it is such a good day. hope the weather is okay in the morning. sorry not at the camp site tonight to enjoy the good company and beer.

Steve

Edited by Steve Allen

Guest Tim Norman

Had another drop out tonight as he follwed thehtrend and parked his car in the back of a BMW on the way up. :cray:

Might manage to get 17 drivers if we are lucky. about half of the number we actually need

Guest Steve Allen

Tim, all i can say. it's thier loss, sorry to hear about another accident though, sur we can make the numbers up next time.

How come your not at he campsite!!

Guest chris brown

Had a super day at Barkston today with lots of track time. My thanks to John and Tim - who was there after all - for all there hard work.

Come on you people who haven’t done Barkston get your names down for the July meet and support John and Tim who spend time and effort getting track days organised for us. If you think it’s too far to do in one day then there’s a good camp site just down the road where others stay so why not join them and make a "hoodie" weekend of it.

Guest Steve Allen

Totally agree with Chris, great organisation, great little track and with the exception of a few all of us had a great day, the rain even managed to stay off until the drive home. thanks again to all involved and will see you all and more again in July,

Guest Tim Norman

Nigel kept up the recent tradition of at least one Hoody binning it.

Hopefully the damage wont be as bad as it looked, and he back on the road soon.

What happened to Les Welsher?

Guest Steve Allen

Tim, don't know about Les but Colin (Yellow Westfield) will need a new engine after leaving all is oil to charity, not long got back after towing him home to leeds, first time also that someone else has driven my Westfield to get my car home while Colins was on the trailor, God was i in a panic (Thanks to Ronnie for squeezing in to my little car while we all strapped him in, so he couldn't get out, PS sorry the roof leakes when it rains) anyone know for a Cheap Zetec engine for Colin and some "proper Oil hydralic pipes" If so let me know as I'm on commision as i need to recover Trailor and petrol costs, 50% should do, :rolleyes:

Still had a great Day............

Had a quick strip down this evening and it looks like it will be drivable with new wishbones and front fiberglass. Slight problem of being unable to get it home but Bill has given me a roof and tool kit to get started and RJH thinks he can produce the replacement bits on Monday.

Enthusiasm exceeded ability. Pity, it was going quite well up to that point.

Nigel

Guest chris brown
Had a quick strip down this evening

Nigel

I hope that is the car you are talking about Nigel.

Seriously through I hope that and a bit of careful use with RS's favourite tool (hammer) will fix it.

I know I treated that bend with great respect after your incident especially when it started to rain even through it was only spitting.