Barkston, Who & How Many Are Going

Guest Steve Allen

A great day out, and had been badgered? into going by smokescreen? Dave, and Chris (thanks for the loan of the overalls both of you!) I may have to go again now just to prove its quicker if I change gear. Thanks to John and Tim for organising, pics of blackbird engined Exmo, sorry forgotten who's it is and Sir Chris and his car doing what it often seems to do, dribbling a bit :rolleyes: .

Peter.

post-24-1179088184_thumb.jpg

post-24-1179088197_thumb.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ace Fettler

Thanks to everybody for a great day on Saturday. Tim and John even managed to control the weather so a mostly dry day was enjoyed by all. We managed to get the camping gear packed up in the dry on Sunday morning but it was a pretty miserable drive home especially for poor Barry Liles who manfuly doned wet weather clothing before setting sail in his Fisher Fury. Shame there wasnt a few more camping, hopefully there will be a better turn out in July.

Once again thanks to Tim and John and all who made the day so enjoyable.

Was the exmo still a two seater? It looks from the photo like there's an engine where the passenger's meant to go

Yes it seemed to be but not much leg room I think, I forgot to look but when I asked the owner why it was mounted so far back the answer was 'so there was enough room to get another one in!' but he had decided that one was enough. It also gave a straight line for the prop shaft.

I had forgotten to thank Tony who gave me a ride in his bike powered Stuart Taylor which was just amazing.

Peter

Bill has generously offered a roof over my head and cover to work in to mend the car. Hosting the in car footage at Le Crunch. Funny how it doesn't get any easier each time I watch myself stuff it into the tyres. :cray:

Managed to occupy a couple of hours of RJH's time at GBS finding compatable wishbones, balljoints and hub carrier. Now to make with the spanners and get the work done.

Nigel

Guest megablade

A good time was had by all, particuarly us Bristol Boys as no one else could be bothered to camp!! Still 2 bottles of whiskey in 2 nights between 3 meant we slept well!!

Thanks for letting me drive your westy Rich (Ace Fettler), I am proud that I managed to just let you win ;) In July I might not be so kind :rolleyes:

Pete

Guest Ace Fettler

I have ordered an extra bottle of bravery pills (plus extra stocks of whiskey) for the July thrash in the hope that I will be just that little bit quicker through Rowles Bend and your hangover will be too bad to allow you to keep up!! :D