Rh Lightweight Kit - Advice Needed

Guest shanusanus

Guest ScotMac

Hi Shane, i had to download (read bittorrent steal) a dvd to vcd prog. The first disc is being converted to vcd/mpg as i write this. It will be done in about 2-3 more hours. After which, i'll post it on a site for you to download. It may need to be posted in pieces, as it will probably still be in the 100's of megs (as opposed to the gig's in the orig).

I'll let you know shortly.

Cheers, -Scot :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tickton Paul

:clapping:

Hi Shane, i had to download (read bittorrent steal) a dvd to vcd prog. The first disc is being converted to vcd/mpg as i write this. It will be done in about 2-3 more hours. After which, i'll post it on a site for you to download. It may need to be posted in pieces, as it will probably still be in the 100's of megs (as opposed to the gig's in the orig).

I'll let you know shortly.

Cheers, -Scot :D

Well done Scot, we will get him building that Lightweight if it kills us

Shane, the DVD's were posted 1st class this morning so should be with you tomorrow, then the fun starts :D

Paul

Guest shanusanus

Thanks so much guys - its looks like tomorow ill have the DVD's from PAul - so thank you so much all of you - I cant wait to get started :)

Guest ScotMac

It looks like even the vcd/mpg version is about 1.2gigs. Smaller, but still cumbersome. So, i'll hold off posting them, and hope that Paul's arrive by friday (gj Paul).

Have fun building Shane. One of the first areas you need to work on the diff box, and that is one of the most important places where the l/w needs strengthening. Take a look back at my strengthening thread and it will tell you how i did it. If you want more details let me know.

Good luck. -Scot :)

Guest shanusanus

HI all - YES I HAVE THE INSTRUCTION DVD's now!! Got started already - got teh sides up, the rear suspension bars, the front and done my first bit of riveting!! But now something else is missing - the tunnel sides so my progress is halted again :(

Oh well RDH is gonna ship them up to me monday so I should have them by Wednesday - shame though as I had all thsi weekend free to build - oh well - guess I can watch those 7 DVD's then :)

Guest Tickton Paul
HI all - YES I HAVE THE INSTRUCTION DVD's now!! Got started already - got teh sides up, the rear suspension bars, the front and done my first bit of riveting!! But now something else is missing - the tunnel sides so my progress is halted again :(

Oh well RDH is gonna ship them up to me monday so I should have them by Wednesday - shame though as I had all thsi weekend free to build - oh well - guess I can watch those 7 DVD's then :)

Hi Shane

have a look at DVD3 and start building the scuttle, there is a fair bit of forming and bonding to do before you fit it to the car. You can trial fit it to the car remembering that the measurement across should be 42"

Just check on Monday that they are posting your panels out as I was missing some and they said they would post, after waiting a week I checked and they said that they could not post large panels, I had to go and collect.

Paul

Guest shanusanus
Hi Shane

have a look at DVD3 and start building the scuttle, there is a fair bit of forming and bonding to do before you fit it to the car. You can trial fit it to the car remembering that the measurement across should be 42"

Just check on Monday that they are posting your panels out as I was missing some and they said they would post, after waiting a week I checked and they said that they could not post large panels, I had to go and collect.

Paul

Yeah Richard said that to me too but I made him see that I was not willing to do another 3 hour each way drive - I advised him to put some timber in and jiffy and cardboard together - im gonna make sure he posts monday via courier or parcel force 24 - its not fair to wait so long for stuff!!

Thanks for teh info on the scuttle on DVD3 - that gives me something to do tommorow now :)

Thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...