Scoop Or No Sccop?

Guest MJThewlis

I like it but there you go! Was it something you knocked up or acquired and if so from where please? I like the idea of positive air pressure v. negative through the standard louvres...

I like it but there you go! Was it something you knocked up or acquired and if so from where please? I like the idea of positive air pressure v. negative through the standard louvres...

The scoop/vent itself came from a marine supplier (Marine Bazar), so is marine grade stainless, I then cut and fitted the mesh across the front, which is araldited in using tabs folded back inside the vent, and is set back about 6mm from the rim.

From some angles I like it then I walk around the car and think no.......

Guest allenr03

I quite like it. I've been considering how to get cold air into the air inlet on my Superspec (Rover engine with the air inlet right at the back!) I thought about a bonnet scoop but wasn't sure how I could mount it on a louvred bonnet and make it look good. It looks great on a bonnet without louvres though.

I guess its down to what you like. You'll probably get a 50:50 response from us lot.

Rich

Guest salty_monk

I think it's fine either way.... better than the rather "un-subtle" things I have!! :lol: (not fitted by me).

Do seem to work well though!

Dan :)

Guest allenr03

I never noticed them on your car Dan - now I do!!

The side louvres are available from car builder solutions I think Tom.

Rich

Guest salty_monk

Just do a search on Google for stainless marine supplies. Tons of people sell them. You can also find them on Ebay.

On my red one I used stainless Land Rover Wing vents.

DSCF0665.jpg

DSCF0672.gif

amazing how much heat they release.

Dan

Guest timswait

I don't much like the look of the scoop, much prefer the side vents, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what I think, it's you car and your opinion that counts! :D

Guest jcb1300

Tony

I'm impressed, think I'll have meself one.

Have you got a link to Marine Bazars website if it exists and what the part number is etc ?

Ta

Cheerio

Ian