Windscreen Side Sheilds

Guest CHRIS.P

Can't help on the design, but if you're thinking of making some take note of the fact that most of the air which is directed towards the passengers doesn't come around the windscreen. It's coming around the sides of the dash area below it.

Ant

Hi All

I made some for my 2b last week, i was suprised how much difference they make,

The Hinges are available from S & J Motors tel 01257 262881 for around £5.50

or i think they sell complete ones for £40 a pair. (Mr hooley may correct me on that)

easy to make, just make a cardboard template first to you desired shape and size then make from 5mm perspex,

Will post pic's later

Mitch

anyone know how to polish small scratches from perspex?

Guest trevor hooley

yep £40 a pair, fit well and you dont have to try to get two to match.

mitch try a cutting compuond like carplan restorer, i know that works not sure about t-cut or brasso which do the same ???

karl

Guest mickmellors

Back in my 2 wheeler days I used duraglit wadding and brasso liquid (separately)on the crash helmet visor and then a good polish like turtle wax which helped to get dead flies off without hard rubbing. Dont be tempted to us a mop in the electric drill as the friction will heat the plastic very quicly and melt it - been there got the tee-shirt etc. Use a nice soft clean rag (good excuse to sort the undies drawer ! ) and follow the instructions on the can !

Guest Graham

Mitch,

I've found that even quite heavy scratches can be removed from perspex using toothpaste and a fair bit of rubbing. This definetly works, I found out the hard way, we'd just bought a new caravan am my wife decided to remove a sticky mark from the perspex windows with a scouring pad. Well a tube of toothpaste was cheaper than a funeral for her, and now I let her have lots of scouring practice on the pots and pans.

PS You'll probably find that the deflectors will get scratched quite quickly away. I find if easier to leave them and just cut another set each year.

All the best

Graham

I agree with Ant, I made some a few weeks ago. I extended them down below the screen about 4". There was still too much turbulance coming around the scuttle sides. I've scrapped the ideas and am fitting a hood and sidescreens over the winter.

Kev

Guest MikeD318

There's nothing wrong with using toothpaste on cars. I use it to remove other people paint from my bumpers after I've visited the supermarket. I always find that when ever I park in the car park, someone is kind enough to leave a sample of their paint as they scrape their obscenely huge 4x4 out of the parking space next to me. :angry:

Just a slight 'hyjack' of the thread, I couldn't stop laughing when i read Mike's signiture! :D :D

If it's got tits or wheels, you're gonna have trouble with it.

Just an add on to it. **But you can probably figure out why if it's got wheels**

magic!! :D :p ;)