Total Kitcar Live

Guest Andy Hamilton

Great day and lots to look at see, i had an especially good view of the tyre barrier just after Druids.

The Fishers were being run from the BGH Geartec garage so a trip round the factory and i will negotiate a discount if i can.

Guest sparkt

yes a great to weather super, hope you fine now paul after your trip to the medical center at brand not many people see the inside of it

post-1102-1180858819_thumb.jpg

Modifications for my build now include head rests on the seats and roll bar padding.

We went in backwards first and my helmet and head went back through the roll bar then luckily wedged briefly, ( i could not pull it out) any further and i may have sustained more serious neck injury. We spun round and went in frontways, the helmet then popped back out.

The driver was unconcious and while moving a little was out of it, i lossened my belts and lent over to switch off the battery switch which in reallity ( right of the steering wheel) was to far away. When i mount mine after SVA it will be front and center, dash or tunnel.

Oh and fuel cutoff sensor, the oil pressure one would be no good if the engine is still running, so inertia one for me please.

Not to bad now, felt a bit nauseous yesterday but that could have been all the beer i drank the night before.

Yesterday i had brused arm and back but no marks on the surface, now its just the neck muscles down each side where i over extended when the helmet went through the roll bar.

Brian the owner of BGH Geartec and now Fisher was very concerned and whilst i was a little confused and did not get my £5 back, i did negotiate a discount off a type 9 conversion.

I intend to go have a look round the factory so will broach the subject when i get there :D

Guest Andy Hamilton

Paul,

Glad to hear that you came out of it relatively unscathed. Just keep telling yourself that it could have been a lot worse...... I mean, it could have been your own car!

I hope you negotiated a good discount on a BGH type 9. They are a very good box, we used them for locost racing for 4 seasons, and any problems, Brian was more than happy to sort out. I hope he is good a fibreglass.

Do you think the Stock beer festival helped relax your body in the accident? Drunk people often come out of these things better than anyone else! :D

Just got of the phone to Clive at BGH, Colin ( the driver) is out of hospital, still a little unsure of what happened and not altogether recovered yet but he is OK.

BGH are looking at getting the car repaired. Front end took a hell of a wack and will need new front chassis fitted. No sign (yet) of mechanical problems, it may be that the tighter line we took around Druids put more lateral G on the rear for the exit and that coupled with possibly a less grippy line caused the snap oversteer.

Earlier in the day a couple of cars had gone off just there.

Brands accident investigator was well impressed with the Fury in the way it absorbed the impact but did not affect the passenger space, i was quite happy with that aswell.

Guest John Walton

Having done much demonstration driving for Tiger Racing, Including Brands', I can partly understand how the driver came to be in the wall.

Each new passenger effects the car in a different way ie, height/weight and a slower first lap is useful to see how this changes any aspect of the car.

The entry exit of druids is as important as it's exit, facing the wrong way on the exit is normally caused by to tight an entry and definately caused by flooring it early.

Simply put, exhuberence over experience or ability, one bruised and very red faced driver

Guest Andy Hamilton
Great Photo Andy! Looks like a June entry for the *next?* calendar :)

How about this one of my car looking longingly at the circuit? "If only I could get the chance to go into the tyrewall like that Fury... <_< "

DSC_1319-1.jpg