Pinto To Dohc

speedtripledan

Guest salty_monk

Les Welsher fitted a DOHC into a standard 2b Chassis. It's easier if you use the type 9 rather than the MT75.

Not much gain over a pinto & less tuning options unless you fit the RS2000 16v engine (which Les has just finished upgrading to....)

Dan :)

Guest Dee Jay
Just wondering if anyone has swapped a 2.0l pinto injection to dohc 8v got a whole sierra cheap with a sound engine the pinto is knackerd. Can it go on the type 9 box ? is there enough clearance around the pedal box ? will it fit height wise?

Cheers

Hi I fitted a DOHC 8Vi from the start of a new kit build, wish I had gone for a pinto, problems with pedals/servo/master cyl if you are tall 6ft+ and injection chamber pokes through bonnet, radiator/fan is also a tight fit, overall really tight fit in places and dont forget exhaust exits on lh side.

Dave

Dan I have a dohc car but with the dohc chassis the efi does stick through bonnet and in the serria it had 128 bhp so out of the donor has more go than a pinto bit no up grades other than a diffrent engine. I would go a zetac.

also check out my web sight

Where are you if you wanted to look

Stephen

Dan I have a dohc car but with the dohc chassis the efi does stick through bonnet and in the serria it had 128 bhp so out of the donor has more go than a pinto bit no up grades other than a diffrent engine. I would go a zetac.

also check out my web sight

Where are you if you wanted to look

Stephen

Hi,

Thanks for your response i,m up in derbyshire very near gbs as it goes i think i,m going to sell the engine and try and find a decent pinto it would be a lot easier by all accounts shame though as the dohc and gearbox is perfect the donor car even came with 7yrs history..... :(

Hi I fitted a DOHC 8Vi from the start of a new kit build, wish I had gone for a pinto, problems with pedals/servo/master cyl if you are tall 6ft+ and injection chamber pokes through bonnet, radiator/fan is also a tight fit, overall really tight fit in places and dont forget exhaust exits on lh side.

Dave

thanks for your responce. i think i,m gonna find another pinto as you say it will be easier, if i,m gonna spend time and money messing around i,ll find something more cosworth 24v ish with some serious power...

Les Welsher fitted a DOHC into a standard 2b Chassis. It's easier if you use the type 9 rather than the MT75.

Not much gain over a pinto & less tuning options unless you fit the RS2000 16v engine (which Les has just finished upgrading to....)

Dan :)

gonna wait i think and do a cossy 24v will be hard but i,m sure it can be done???

you might need a serious bonnet bulge for that inlet manifold, but essentially it is the same as the cologne v6 (but with 24v heads) which has been fitted in hoods a number of times.