Here We Go Again Le Mans 2008

Guest chris brown

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mastarforth

Just in case you have not got me down I will be there again this year, only this time in my CAR!

to anyone just thinking about it, went for the first time this year, and it is absolutely fantastic!

Well worth it, especially pit lane from the stands during the night, somethign you will never get to see at monst F1 events

See you all there

ANdrew

Guest chris brown

Ferry now booked :yahoo: :drinks:

Speedferries out Sunday 8th at 18.00 and back 17th at 10.00

Just got to book the Hotel in Boulogne now but it seems about 4 months in advance is all they can cope with

Guest erichetherington

Chris,

I do believe you might be slightly pleased with that :nea: <_<

And just to let every-one know that I spoke to Dial Dave tonight, he's (finally) back in the country. Despite his windscreen going a few days before his return journey! There are, of course several other stories from his 5 month sojourn in France.

Hi Chris Hope we are on the list as I have just booked the ferry.

9.6.2008 07:00Dover / BoulogneFast Ferry9.6.2008 08:50

16.6.2008 20:50Boulogne / DoverFast Ferry16.6.2008 20:40

so hope to meet up as we come off ferry.

Sounds like a plan

So how many am I cooking for ? :D

Stephen / Huge

Hi All,

I'm still deciding on exactly what day to set off. As some of you may know, for me, Le Mans will be just the first leg of "Grizzly's European Tour".

I was thinking of arriving on the Friday, but I may be persuaded otherwise, as I believe there's all sorts of stuff going on during that week?

Guest chris brown
Hi Chris Hope we are on the list as I have just booked the ferry.

9.6.2008 07:00Dover / BoulogneFast Ferry9.6.2008 08:50

16.6.2008 20:50Boulogne / DoverFast Ferry16.6.2008 20:40

so hope to meet up as we come off ferry.

Sounds like a plan

So how many am I cooking for ? :D

Stephen / Huge

Great news Steve. At the moment there is Barry, Kenny, Andy, Red 7, (if Andy can convince him) Hugh, You and me going down on the Monday and with a bit of luck we should have a few more. So don’t forget the pinafore :p

Grizzly

Why not come down with Barry and co on the Sunday and break the trip at my place then we all carry on to Dover for the 6pm crossing.

Guest Paul Morgan

Hi Chris,

What are the plans for when you get to France ? are you going straight down to Le Mans or hanging around Normandy for a couple of days ? The reason being is that Ann and Myself would like to go over on the Sunday with everyone but only stay until Wednesday then come home and give Le Mans a miss, as we can't get baby sitters for three kids for a full week. :o

Paul

Guest chris brown
Blow the above, I'm booked LD Lines out overnight on the 7th back on the21st. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well done Eric. :yahoo: That makes 5 of us booked with Kenny and Andy about to (so Ken says) the rest seem a bit slow this year.

If anyone else has booked there ferry let me know and occasionally I will mail the list around to all so that others can meet up and travel down together

BTW 36 cars now booked with 3 others provisional.

Hi Chris,

I had booked 3 places, one was for a young lad (in his 30s!!) who has gone and done the unthinkable.......insted of a Hood he's bought a Cat....Cat...Cat.....I cant bring myself to type it...so he wont be needing his place in the RHOCAR enclosure. :mellow:

He did say it was a bit quiet for him last year in any case..... :D

So just the two places for me now please.....still working on retiring before June 2008, so Im leaving booking ferries until thats settled...I may be able to spend all summer out there....heres hoping!!

Cheers, Bob

• 5 weeks later...
Guest chris brown
Hi Chris, I have just booked my trip on Speedferries it is for Sunday 8th June at 14.20 so I will see you in the hotel BB Boulogne.

Cheers Geoff

It looks like there will be a good number in convoy on the Monday as I make it 10 at the moment

PS I have just booked 2 x 4 man rooms at the Hotel B&B for the Sunday night