Battery With No Over Flow Pipe

Guest a8dyc

Guest a8dyc

Hi,

If its not one thing its another.Been out in the car a couple of times so far,when i came back last time i noticed that there was a couple of small splash marks on the car which i thought had come from puddles when i went out with the bonnet off to test for cooling.HOWEVER when i go out there today the marks have stained the stainless and i noticed under the battery theres lots of green scum building up.The battery has no overflow pipe on it so i reckon its been coming out the hole running down the battery and laying underneath it splashing around on its way.What can i use to neutralize it.

Andy

I had a leaky battery, which was staining the chassis. I thought it would only be a matter of time before there was a run down the stainless side panel, ruining it.

£24 bought a brand new sealed battery. No worries.

Guest a8dyc

Thanks Mike it is done.How do you people know these things,the stuff my misses bakes with sorts out that nasty acid stuff!!!

Enforcer.You are dead right that will be the next thing to purchase.

The list grows.

Andy

Glad you got sorted , now coat the metal to stop it doing it happening again ,

well i used to work with very large telephone exchange batteries in another life ,

now i only use the gel type batteries , i wonder why !

cheers

Mike

Guest keith12

Thanks Mike it is done.How do you people know these things,the stuff my misses bakes with sorts out that nasty acid stuff!!!

most the stuff the misses cooks kills all known things, DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

I had a leaky battery, which was staining the chassis. I thought it would only be a matter of time before there was a run down the stainless side panel, ruining it.

£24 bought a brand new sealed battery. No worries.

Seems cheap?! Where from?

Guest chris brown
they 'look after me'!

I bet they do if you turn up and park the company car outside. Anything to get rid of you. You are frightening all there customers away. :yahoo: