Has Anyone Got A Contact Number For Knn Manifolds?

Guest Quarks7

Guest Quarks7

Hi Guys,

I've sent a set of ZX6R carbs to KNN manifolds but I've had an email saying they are stopping making them. So I need to either get my carbs back or try to sweet talk them into still doing my conversion.

The problem is they aren't responding to my emails and there isn't a contact number on their web site. I've got a mate local ish to them who's said he'll pay them a visit if I still can't get a response via email. However I thought I'd try this method first as he's about as subtle as a kick in the spuds. So if it's just a case of their email being out of action. I'd rather they didn't get a visit from him!!! :vava:

Regards Jez

07958 632588

hi jez

i am in the same boat!

the last i heard was last week and they were going to send my carbs back but up to now nothing.

all i can do is e mail or pm you the address that i have .

tried directory enquires and its ex directory.

if you do get your mate involved ask him to pick up mine and the beers will be on me.

regards graham

ps i spose you paid upfront as well??????

Guest Quarks7

Well it appears that Nige from KNN reads RHOCaR posts cos he rang me yesterday afternoon!!

So hopefully well be able to sort something out?

Thanks to those that supplied contact info for KNN! :hi:

hi jez

i am in the same boat!

the last i heard was last week and they were going to send my carbs back but up to now nothing.

all i can do is e mail or pm you the address that i have .

tried directory enquires and its ex directory.

if you do get your mate involved ask him to pick up mine and the beers will be on me.

regards graham

ps i spose you paid upfront as well??????

hi jez

i got my carbs back yesterday, and a cheque yet to be cashed.

its a shame these guys can no longer do the job as the value for money was excelent.

its nice to see a company that can no longer do the job do the right thing and return the goods and the money .

many thanks to knn for their honesty.

ps if anyone can help me out with an engine plate for the induction side of a zetec and the correct jet sizes for my gsxr600 carbs , i am going to try to sort out my self.

regards graham

I can honestly say Nige (KNNmanifolds) is a genuine guy, I got my manifold and carbs in May, collected from Nige at Stoneliegh ,offered loads of tips and helpul info,

He mailed me last week to say he wasnt able to make anymore,which he seems to have done with all his customers, which i would say is good buisness rather than disappearing.maybe he could have answered mails quicker but it looks like hes taking positive steps to sovle any problems.

It is a shame hes stopped production, because his work is excellent, even Boggs commented on the manifold when i took the car to be set up.

I mailed him yesterday when Quarks posted his dilemma, and within a hour he was on site reading this thread (i saw his name on bottom of post).

I also had a PM from another NW member who received his carbs back last week, so he must have been one of the last to have a manifold made. asking for fitting tips.

I hope KNN and Nige can sort out the supply problems and start again, but i think he will sort out any customer's problems given a little time.

Graham, try laserman for the backing plate, he made the custom grills some of us have and im sure he would make one to suit,

I have GSXR carbs on my pinto, but not sure what jets Boggs used apart from the air correction which are 100's try ringing Boggs thay may tell you what they put in mine, ask for dave the dad

I have no connection with Nige apart from being a happy (earlier) customer

Mitch

Guest Laserman
I can honestly say Nige (KNNmanifolds) is a genuine guy, I got my manifold and carbs in May, collected from Nige at Stoneliegh ,offered loads of tips and helpul info,

He mailed me last week to say he wasnt able to make anymore,which he seems to have done with all his customers, which i would say is good buisness rather than disappearing.maybe he could have answered mails quicker but it looks like hes taking positive steps to sovle any problems.

It is a shame hes stopped production, because his work is excellent, even Boggs commented on the manifold when i took the car to be set up.

I mailed him yesterday when Quarks posted his dilemma, and within a hour he was on site reading this thread (i saw his name on bottom of post).

I also had a PM from another NW member who received his carbs back last week, so he must have been one of the last to have a manifold made. asking for fitting tips.

I hope KNN and Nige can sort out the supply problems and start again, but i think he will sort out any customer's problems given a little time.

Graham, try laserman for the backing plate, he made the custom grills some of us have and im sure he would make one to suit,

I have GSXR carbs on my pinto, but not sure what jets Boggs used apart from the air correction which are 100's try ringing Boggs thay may tell you what they put in mine, ask for dave the dad

Mitch

Guest Laserman

Mitch

Martin,(laserman) i think your reply got lost in transit, :lol: :D :lol:

can we assume that your able to make the manifold plates then??

Mitch

sorry didnt give you chance to finish, you must have been posting as i wrote reply

Guest Laserman

Hi Mitch, sorry, I am still a Virgin when it comes to posting messages. I can make the plates, as I said I would need a template or drawing to work from. I can cut Stainless to 12mm thick or Mild Steel to 15mm.

Guest tom2b

wow, there site looks alot better than it used to.

shame there still advertising there silencers as sva compliant, makes me laugh everytime i read it!

Guest Quarks7

Cheers for the Link Keiran,

£12 sounds spot on as long as the p+p isn't going to be another £12 :wacko:

Or laser mans offer sounds excellent aswell!

I'm still waiting to hear where my carbs have dissapeared to but when I do. This appears to be the way to go. Does anybody else on here have the skills/knowledge to weld on the pipework to take the carbs?

KNN Told me the reason they lengthen the fuel rail and re space the carbs is basically down to cost and ease of constrution. However if the manifold is being made to suit particular carbs. I'd have thought it wasn't much extra effort to make the pipe work fit the carb layout. Certainly it would avoid having to have the relativly expert knowledge req'd to re space the carbs and look a lot smarter + you wouldn't get the problem of the front pipe fouling the dizzy.

Certainly food for thought! :)

I've reluctantly decided to take my car off the road due to the terrible over fueling until I can sort a bike carb conversion. The engine is brand new top to bottom and I'm worried that as things are at present I'll end up doing some serious damage if I carry on with my weber 40's. So as summer is nearly upon us any help would be VERY gratefully recieved.

I have a plan B that you guys maybe able to help with aswell. I'm oing to try and buy a standard single carb and manifold for a 2ltr pinto just to keep me mobile whilst I locate my ZX6R carbs and get soembody to do the conversion. So if anyone has anything kicking around that they could sell or lend to me for a couple of months (Hopefully much less) I'd realy appreciate it! :unsure:

Regards Jez

If you look on GBSC parts site, they sell cut out inlet manifold plates. £12.

clicky

Last item

Kieran

wow, there site looks alot better than it used to.

shame there still advertising there silencers as sva compliant, makes me laugh everytime i read it!

I actually pointed this out the Richard, and he assures me that the latest batch of silencers that they received some weeks ago now, are g/tee'd to be SVA friendly, and what's more, with the help etc that he's given to our members lately, and also changing the suspenders to gaz ones, producing the wishbone kit for sliding pillars, etc. I believe that they will be somwhwat different to the "old" silencers, now if the "silencing" will last any length of time (then again, no-one elses does!) is yet to be seen.

Guest hypermick

Hi All,.

I can sympathise firstly with Nigel at KNN, who I know does an excellent job, but also with anyone converting to bike carbs, wanting to get hold of a manifold.

Making these manifolds as one off's is an extremely time consuming process and frankly it earns very little money.

For those of you who read my posts late last year, though I didnt make the entirety of the content open forum material, I looked into producing bike manifolds for the pinto engine as an alloy gravity casting rather than go along the fabricated route.

Having done all the exercises taking examples of all the favourable bike carbs available (which I still have a number of sets of) comparing all the different spacings as they come standard, re-gigging them to correct the spacings, taking into account the variations in venturri diameters and then producing a single manifold with all the correct unions in place in my honest opinion realistically is a hard slog even in numbers,. Im not saying it can't be done, it can but its not a marketable volume product, and for the recovery of the initial outlay, to me in the end it didnt make financial sense to proceed with it any further. The other part of course is that a number of owners would have wanted the set up returned as one working lot, which again adds insurmountable time to the whole operation, much of which once more cannot be recovered easily.

That aside a closer look at bike injection takes away many of the above problems and with this in mind for any of you making similar considerations to swap over from conventional carburation it may well pay to look more closely at the over riding advantages which can be gained,. for one much of the manifold tubing complications are removed and secondly respacing is infinitely easier to deal with as is the elimination of seperate fuel bowls and rejetting due to its utter simplicity of the injections operation.

I know which route I'll be taking after SVA !

Mick.