New Owner On Isle Of Wight

Guest jcb1300

Guest jcb1300

All

Well my car has finally gone.

I trailered it down to Lymington yesterday (Thursday) in some of the worst wettest weather I've ever had the mis-fortune of driving in.

The waterproof cover exploded around Birmingham thanks to the cross winds and some toerag nicked the tax disc at the services just before Lymington. Fortunately the sun shone for an hour and she dried out nicely.

500 mile round trip was a bit exhausting to say the least.

The fella who has bought it (Simon) lives on the Isle of Wight and apparently knows two other Hood owners, one running and one building.They may be club members. I see an Isle of Wight Rally coming in the future.

I've pointed him towards the club and hope he joins, seems a real genuine bloke.

We'll miss the car and as soon as we move house, assuming I can get a decent garage I'll be buying another, may even build my own this time.

If anyone needs a trailer to move their car I can strongly recommend Trailscot in Wigan, they're trailer is a cracker at £55 + Vat.

Good luck everyone and thanks for everyones halp.

Cheers

Ian