Wheel Studs

Guest lansledj

Guest lansledj

Anyone know where I can get some long wheelstuds for my 2b ? got some TSW alloys from GBS and they seem to be a little thicker than the sierra wheels that were on there and with the spacers don't have enough threads for the nuts (4-5 turns). I assume they will be a standard sierra pattern.

Thanks David

Guest lansledj
Thanks will call in the morning

Now got some new nuts !! stupid question but whats the best way to install the new ones ?? can obviously knock the old ones out but assume i need a press of some form for the new ones ?

David

Guest lansledj
you need to seat them by pulling them on with spacers between the wheel nut and the hub, i think Jims explains how on the northwest site, could be under rear disc conversion

HTH

Mitch

Mitch thanks will get a 12mm nut and some washers or a larger nut , i was worried that they would spin and strip the spines.

david

Guest lansledj
make sure its the same thread, m12 wont be suitable, you will need a wheel nut.

HTH

Mitch

Mitch,

thanks for the advise will pop to fords tommorrow and get a wheel nut

David

Guest old_timbo

Get several. Pulling the studs in is hard work, even using a long torque bar and chilling the studs. I found a nut lasted about 3 - 4 studs before the thread in the nut gave up and stripped. The studs are heat treated, but the nuts are just ordinary mild steel.

Tim

Guest lansledj
Get several. Pulling the studs in is hard work, even using a long torque bar and chilling the studs. I found a nut lasted about 3 - 4 studs before the thread in the nut gave up and stripped. The studs are heat treated, but the nuts are just ordinary mild steel.

Tim

Tim thanks for the advice

david