Super Spec Tseries Wiring Help!

Guest thumper

Guest thumper

Hello

I have a super spec 05 with the rover t series 2.0 litre injection engine,

I have installed the robin hood loom and most of the rover engine loom but i am stuck on a couple of the connections

1 the one off the drivers side under brake box, cable coming off bell housing, where does it go ? Or connect to ? Or do i use it ?

2 reversing light off gear box where does it go to ? As there does not seem to be a connection for it ?

I have serched the web and e mailed robin hood to try and get hold of a wiring diagram for the t series engine but have had no luck finding one, i have completed the rest of the car and had hoped to get it on the road for august but the weather put pay to that!!!!!!!!!!

I am now desperate to get it on the road so i can come and meet you all at rhocar

Hope you can help

Trevor

Edited by Mat-d-Rat, please do not use all caps, it's hard to read and considered as shouting.

Treavor

The connetion from the bell housing sounds like the crank case position sensor and there should be a connection to the engine wiring loom which lis located by the inlet manifold from memory.

On my super spec there was no wiring in the loom for the reversing lights and I had to add it myself.

Tel.

Hi

yes the wire at the bell housing is the sensor connection, it is connected but you need to bolt the bracket to the block.

On the Rover it was fixed to the side of the bulkhead.

The gearbox switch exists but no wiring the loom for it

On the MT75 there is a connector on the side about level with the gear change lever...

You need to feed a 12V ignition switched supply to the switch then another feed from the switch to the lights and then just earth the light at the closest point from the other side of the bulb..

I have some further details on the T series et., taken from the Rover manuals etc.

Send me pm and with email them to you..

Tony