Wot Wire Goes Where

Guest graham dockerill

Guest graham dockerill
:blink: where do the wires go from the electronic ignition amplifier/modual. mine differ from the haynes manual. mine are pin 1 brown (earth) . pin 2 & 3 (dizzy). pin 4 ? black/green . pin 5 black (ign switch/coil+). pin 6 green (coil-). where does green/black go and have I got the others correct. regards Graham.

The ignition coil & dizzy have a separate loom of their own, and there are 3 wires coming into the module from the main car loom.

Green/Yellow & Black/red go to the Dizzy.

Brown goes to earth.

Green goes to the -ive side of the coil and also to the tacho.

Black/Green goes to (eventually) pin 58 on the ignition switch

Black goes to +ive side of the coil, and can either go (eventually) to pin16 on the

ignition switch, or it can be feed from a fuse that is live when the ignition is on.

But all this depends if you have this type of ignition module.

post-8-1046978241.jpg

Guest graham dockerill
;) Thanks Jim, after over 100 readings of my post I appreciated your reply. Mine is a early (84) engine and i'm sure we are talking about the same inductive discharge system (thats what the manual calls it). The only thing I wondered is where you get your ignition switch numbers from is i've got 15,30 and 50 on mine. Regards Graham.