Get Well Soon Pete

Mat-Moo

I went to see Pete at MK hospital Sunday afternoon and found him in really excellent spirits. He is of course damaged from the stroke but this is quite limited and he is absolutely confident about getting most of the control back.

Pete is well impressed by the well wishes he has received on the site here and clearly enjoys reading them - so keep it up! At times like this you find out what you really mean to people - many in his village have pulled around to help Carolyn out at home etc.

He hopes to be out of hospital by the end of the week (target Friday) and has asked me for a lift to the AirClub event on Saturday! (I'm not sure what Carolyn will have to say about that!).

Pete had the Thames Valley Hoods page of Complete Kit Car (Homecall to Matt report) open strategically on the bed for any innocent but curious passer-by to be engaged in long conversation on Hooding!

He's already talking about fitting an automatic in the 2B :D ............ any ideas ? !

Cheers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats great news, Graham. Pete sounds as positive as usual ! :D

Keep up the good work , Pete, look forward to seeing you on Saturday then <_< B) .

Auto's are no problem, I once had one on a 2L pinto, I think it was called the C3.

The radiator has a built in oil coiler in the bottom section.

Shall we book a homecall to fit one in your 2b ?

Best regards

Guest captn Pugwash

Get well soon pete, looks like a trip down the scanner on the cards, I went down the other week and the answer from the surgion was they found a brain and for my age everything seemed okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a few anomolies what ever they are, FOR MY AGE 49. Bloody cheek of the chap.

Get well anyway and take care.

CAptn Pugwash

Guest salty_monk

Hope the speedy recovery continues! Glad you're thinking of getting out & about already!

I think the lightweight king is fittting an Auto into one of his many lightweights, I'm sure he would help tell you all the differences & problems encountered.

I think the main one will be dimensions in the tunnel & prop length.

All the best.

Dan :)

Guest peter2b2002

thanks all for your thoughts, just a bit of info for you getting near my age looking at a list of causes for a stroke, chest xray clear as a bell even after smoking for over 35 years, heart clear and strong , all viens in my neck clear, coleserol 5.1 even though i like butter and cheese, low blood pressure 105/80 which is low so none of the usual reasons for a stroke, at the bottom of the list it sayes more likely for those over 55 , what a bummer , i was 55 3 weeks ago, at least i'm upright and breathing and srarting to got some feeling back in my left hand. for those of you that have outstanding orders, i have a friend who can use my sewing m/c who is going to help me out so it shouldn't be too long

regards Pete2b

Hi Pete, its great to hear you are about again.

And I wish I had a set of numbers as good as yours. Everything you list there is better than mine !!! :o :o

Keep up the recouperation and look forward to seeing you soon. ^_^ :D

Guest TerryBarry
cholesterol 5.1 , low blood pressure 105/80

regards Pete2b

Good Grief, I can only get close towards those figures with considerable assistance from the pharmaceutical industry

Glad to hear you're on the path of improvement, keep it up. Hope to see you again soon

Cheers,

Terry

hi pete

glad to hear your on the mend if you do have to concider an auto as a last resort i would be glad to be of assistance.

dont worry about the hood as it can wait till your better i think it may need measuring anyway .

keep your chin up.

best regards graham