Ouch That Hurt

Guest Kev H

:boohoo:

Oh no my pride and joy!

Returning home yesterday after a little jount in the 2B. Indicated to turn right into my road and had to wait for oncoming traffic. Looked in my rear mirror to see two 16 year olds on scooters and to my horror they were both looking behind and not at the road.

I blew my horn but too late, one of them hit my nearside rear wing.

As a result I need a new arch panel, arch outer, rear light and rear panel,

Luckily the little sh** had insurance.

My insurance company have told me that they will get the repair done but I'm a bit concerned about this. Has anydody had body repairs done by insurance body shops and what was the quality of the work like?

I suppose I can always lend them the 'video' so they know how its done, or not!

Kev

Find out how much the parts are from RHSC then contact your insurance company (not the Broker) tell them that as you built the car, you would sooner repair it yourself to get it 'right' tell them that you could do it for £XXX pounds including parts, and their inspector could inspect the repair afterwards if they want.

providing you don't put a silly price on, I think that you'll find they will jump at it.

Just had a call from the insurance company. They wanted me to book the car into C.D. Bramall (local Ford dealer) to have the repair work done. After I stopped laughing the girl on the other end of the phone asked what was funny. I tried to explain to her that this was not a normal repair and eventually after a long explanation from me, which I'm sure she did not understand in the slightest, she agreed to send out an engineer to assess the damage and discuss the options.

Maybe cjbailey's advice about sorting the little blighter out who caused me all this aggro is a good idea.

On second thoughts though, having met his dad when I sorted out the insurance details who is 6'6" tall and almost as wide, I think I'll leave that option for later.

Kev

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Kev,

It makes a nice change for the car driver to be in the right for once....

I commute 180 miles a day into and out of London on a motorbike and have been t-boned :o twice in the last 8 weeks.

Not fun....

Hope they get your car sorted properly, at least you get the satisfaction of knowing that the kid that hit you is not going to be able to afford to get insured for a few years now!

Stuart.

Guest MikeD318
at least you get the satisfaction of knowing that the kid that hit you is not going to be able to afford to get insured for a few years now!

Yeah, it just means he'll now be riding around with out insurance.

Guest trigger

If it was anything like the hassle I had to repair my 2B (parked it up a tree!!!!)

good luck, my insurance company finaly decided to pay me ten pounds an hour to repair it!! :gdit: at least I know how the repair is done..

Paul

I've already suggested to the insurance company that I do the repair. it was not received very well. Because my insurance company is claiming from the brats insurance company they said that his insurance company would not agree. I am going to push this further with the engineer tomorrow.

Kev

my insurance company finaly decided to pay me ten pounds an hour to repair it!!

What, without an upper limit? Sheesh. I trust you milked them for several weekends. What price perfection?

Ant

Guest mark kingston

My experiance of main dealers faced with an unusal car to repair with no clue where to gets spare parts or of the type of work involved means they would put a 0 or 2 on the end of any quote they came up with (probably mean the insurance company would write it off)... you can then usually buy back the written off car from the insurance company for 10% of the agreed value... repair it and enjoy the extra cash in your pocket. all through a stubbon insurance company and some silly tw@ on a scooter. :lol:

Edited by mickmellors

Result

The Insurance company engineer has agreed that I can do the repair myself.

They are paying for the parts + £25 for other materials + £25 for me to collect the parts + £18 per hour for 12 hours work

That's about £380 in total

I suppose the moral is to hang in there and make a nuisance of yourself and eventually they will give in.

Kev