Renault World Series Day @ Donington

Guest TerryBarry

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown

It may have been a nightmare getting out but what a super weekend some really excellent racing and even better company. I will be going again next year as I recon it is one of the best Hoodie weekends of the year but you do need to go on the Friday and camp

Guest captn Pugwash

Arrived fridayafternoon, took caravan stayed inside paddock with competators, had a bottle of wine and worked like hell all weekend,, worth it, sunday morning race 2 it all happened in front of me, body panels every where. were were you all, looked for the lads from the north west but no sign of them.

anyhow heres a picture taken for those that didnt go, put a few more up later

Captn pugwash

post-891-1189463435_thumb.jpg

Edited by captn Pugwash

Just a quick thank you to all the Hoodies at Donnington for makeing Robert & myself so welcome.The ride in the cars was awsome :yahoo: :yahoo: , can't wait to finish mine now.

only down side was the 3 hour wait in carpark before the 3 hour journey home. :(

Guest battery joe
It seems from this BBC report that the traffic organisers learnt nothing from the chaos of last year.

Yep. Getting there on saturday (Lincoln to Donington usually takes an hour) took us 6 hours! :o and at one point it took us 5 hours to do 7 miles! :o

But still, a great weekend. Good to see everyone there. Racing was good too.

Joe

Guest shane1664

Left lincoln at 7:45, parked the car (in the carpark, not the A50 as i was tempted to) at 1pm. was surprisingly good fun. traffic hadnt moved for about 15 mins, so everyone got out their cars and chatted to each other, amazingly no road rage, there were people sat on their bonnets and running beside the slow moving cars.

once in i thought it was a good day out (for free) highlight was chatting to a few of the pit girls :D

took 3 hours to get home, 1 1/2 hours of that was in the field car park, all those cars trying to get out of 2 tiny hedge gateways. I reckon i'll go again next year but either camp or leave stupidly early to avoid the traffic.

Shane