Exhaust And Manifold

Guest lansledj

Guest lansledj

I have a 2b with 2lt pinto EFi that has a standard cast exhaust manifold and the 2 tube steel exhaust, can anyone tell me if the Tubular manifold and SS exhaust from GBS is a straight swap i.e. no mods required ?? or alternatively where i could get a system fabricated. (I'm based in essex)

Thanks David

in theory its a straight swap, but your car will have been set up around that system with regards to the steering column, alty etc so changing to the tubular manifold could involve reworking these parts to allow it to fit.

in terms of performance there is very little if any difference, the 4 into 1 just looks better

if you're after performance for tracking the car then get one made, if its just for cosmetic reasons its up to you if you want to spend the money for no gains

Steve

Guest lansledj
in theory its a straight swap, but your car will have been set up around that system with regards to the steering column, alty etc so changing to the tubular manifold could involve reworking these parts to allow it to fit.

in terms of performance there is very little if any difference, the 4 into 1 just looks better

if you're after performance for tracking the car then get one made, if its just for cosmetic reasons its up to you if you want to spend the money for no gains

Steve

thanks Steve, I was led to belive i could get 10 bhp if i did the manifold !! may not bother then :unsure:

After looking at the mounting flanges on my 4-1 manifold its guestimated that it was COSTING me a good 10bhp as its just made so craply, has high spots and doesnt flowanywhere nearly as smoothly as it should. I retro fitted it and it was a nightmare of a job.

Also dont even bother with the cheap and nasty excuse of a silencer they sell, spend the extra money on a 6" custom chrome stainless steel silencer. Its one of the best decisions you can make with the car!

... Don't sit on the fence Tom... tell us what you really think !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to admit I did do a fair bit of work on the flanges etc to remove the big chunks and edges in the way...

I would go for the GBS 4 into 1 for a little performance boost and the cast iron original for better silencing. The GBS ones need a good tidy up with the die grinder. Spending three times as much on a well designed and fabricated 4:2:1 manifold will not get you three times as much power increase.

Nigel

Guest lansledj
I would go for the GBS 4 into 1 for a little performance boost and the cast iron original for better silencing. The GBS one needs a good tidy up with the die grinder. Spending three times as much on a well designed and fabricated 4:2:1 manifold will not get you three times as much power increase.

Nigel

All thanks for the comments, will have a look around at donnington tomorrow, may speak to a local fabricator in Basildon next week for the manifold to save all the retrofitting horrors !!

Fair point about the manifold but avoid the silencer like the clap as its really awful and will lead to deafness or an asbo.

jaffer i always speak my mind, i dont like to slate things un necessarily but the rhe exhaust system deserves it