Cobra Roadster 7 Car Seats

Guest steve king

Guest steve king

Has anybody out there managed to fit Cobra Roadster 7 bucket seats into a Robin Hood Super 7 Mk.1. My car is quite narrow and the current original seats measure 400mm width. Or does anybody know of any other makes that might be suitable? I have done 10,000 miles in my first year and it's a bit uncomfortable. Please help! Steve King.

Guest outtolunch

hi my S7 has been fitted with Richfield RX777G seats, not by me I brought it with them already fitted, I found the website http://www.richfieldseating.co.uk/html/catalogue.html but when you go to the home page this message appears "DUE TO A PROBLEM WITH A PREVIOUS OWNER OF THE SEATING DIVISION THIS SITE IS TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE." so I'm not sure if they are still in buisness.

just checked through the paperwork supplied with my car and my seats have an additional leg (thigh) support part RXL1 which is not on the website and the headrests which are, I can reccommend the leg supports if available.

Ignore last link found a new link on that site to this http://www.interiorsseating.co.uk/worldcla...ting/index.html looks like they are still going under a new name and ownership.

Edited by outtolunch

Hi Steve , I fitted a pair of Cobra Roadster 7 bucket seats into my S7 , however i did move the tunnel plates in about an inch either side during the rebuild

so as to give a little more room and it turned out fine , plus they are on runners . Pics in my garage may give you some idea of the fit .

Mike

Hi,

I bought some bargin Intatrim Odessey seats off ebay a while back.Haven't fitted them yet there on the winter jobs list.Offered them up and theres loads of room for them.

Andy

Guest steve king
Hi,

I bought some bargin Intatrim Odessey seats off ebay a while back.Haven't fitted them yet there on the winter jobs list.Offered them up and theres loads of room for them.

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the info and promt reply. I have looked on there websight and they look pretty impressive. Could you tell me if they have a flat steel base with , say 4 threaded fixing holes . If so i was wondering if they could be bolted through the floor with perhaps a 12 mm. thick birch ply base, lifting them slightly and 4 - 50mm. dia. by 2 mm. thick penny washers between the floor and bolt head to spread the load. I am the only one who drives my my car so i do not need any adjustment (runners). What do you think?

PS. Are they comfortable, Andy. I am looking at the Intatrim Odyssey, do you know what make yours are?

Thanks for your help, Steve.

Edited by steve king

Guest red hornet
Has anybody out there managed to fit Cobra Roadster 7 bucket seats into a Robin Hood Super 7 Mk.1. My car is quite narrow and the current original seats measure 400mm width. Or does anybody know of any other makes that might be suitable? I have done 10,000 miles in my first year and it's a bit uncomfortable. Please help! Steve King.

Hi there i have early cortina s7, i fitted bady cub seats bought from midland wheel surplys they are the right widthans are nice to sit in two, only costs £150.00 for the pair, just a thought if you are on a budget, Ian. :D

steve

i have fitted the rx 777

seats in my series 2

They have 2 steel strips across the width of the seat which are tapped

with screws supplied. when i fitted mine i had to make an additional frame for the seats so that

i could lift the front by 3" to get a suitable position.

swan

Guest allenr03

I have Cobra Roadster 7 seats in my Superspec and they are great, I believe the SS is a bit more generous in the passenger compartment though. They are very comfortable an supportive, I'd recomend them.

Guest steve king
hi my S7 has been fitted with Richfield RX777G seats, not by me I brought it with them already fitted, I found the website http://www.richfieldseating.co.uk/html/catalogue.html but when you go to the home page this message appears "DUE TO A PROBLEM WITH A PREVIOUS OWNER OF THE SEATING DIVISION THIS SITE IS TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE." so I'm not sure if they are still in buisness.

just checked through the paperwork supplied with my car and my seats have an additional leg (thigh) support part RXL1 which is not on the website and the headrests which are, I can reccommend the leg supports if available.

Ignore last link found a new link on that site to this http://www.interiorsseating.co.uk/worldcla...ting/index.html looks like they are still going under a new name and ownership.

Hi, thanks for your help and advice, Steve

Guest steve king
steve

i have fitted the rx 777

seats in my series 2

They have 2 steel strips across the width of the seat which are tapped

with screws supplied. when i fitted mine i had to make an additional frame for the seats so that

i could lift the front by 3" to get a suitable position.

swan

Hi Swan, thanks for your help and advice, \steve.

Guest steve king
I have Cobra Roadster 7 seats in my Superspec and they are great, I believe the SS is a bit more generous in the passenger compartment though. They are very comfortable an supportive, I'd recomend them.

Hi Richard, thanks for your help and avice, Steve.

Edited by steve king