Oil Pressure Gauge

Greenie

I am fitting an oil pressure gauge to a 1.8 Zetec and wish to retain the oil light switch, to do this I will need some form of fitting that will carry both the switch to operate the light and the switch to operate the gauge, has anyone any ideas?

Greenie :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Greenie,

I haven't seen it on a zetec, but I guess principle is the same as pinto. You buy a fitting with a male thread that goes into the block in place of the switch, and it has 2 female threads- one for switch and the other for the pressure guage sender. Depending on what sender and switch you have, you may need to get a longer than standard adapter so that there is enough room to screw both in. I got mine from Europa at a show.

HTH, Brian

Guest timswait

yep, as Brian says. I got mine from Burton Power I think. They sell them as T-pieces, Rally Design, demon tweeks, etc, will all do them, phone them up and try to work out which one you want.

Hi Greenie ,

If you try this link you should be able find all you are looking for , uk company in Bedford .

http://www.lmaperformance.com/motorsport/P...ting_parts.html

I bought the TOPOT remote oil pressure & oil temp sender unit t-piece kit , they where very helpful when i phoned em enquiring about thread sizes etc . Well recomended .

Mike

Got mine from Europa, eventually, if you have an oil pressure sender that is about 2" round then you need the longer, 50mm extension as the pressure sender is a different thread to the standard on off light.

For some reason the bigger sender goes in the side of the brass adaptor and the original switch in the end.

You can get an extender, a pipe with screww fittings either end and mount your senders off engine if you need the space, but you must earth them if off engine.

Got mine from Europa, eventually, if you have an oil pressure sender that is about 2" round then you need the longer, 50mm extension as the pressure sender is a different thread to the standard on off light.

For some reason the bigger sender goes in the side of the brass adaptor and the original switch in the end.

You can get an extender, a pipe with screww fittings either end and mount your senders off engine if you need the space, but you must earth them if off engine.

Thanks to everyone............This is all valuable info and I am sure from your great reply's I sort something.

Thanks again Greenie :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Thanks to everyone............This is all valuable info and I am sure from your great reply's I sort something.

All sorted from a company used via our engineers at work.

What about small copper T pieces for dometic water pipework (B&Q have various sizes). They come in loads of sizes not just the common 15m, and might be one just right for the thread size of the pressure switch...

Could you make domestic pipe safe to 65psi?

and would you trust it not to fail when you are cracking along and reduce your pressure to zero.

Realy not worth the risk as the solid brass T pieces are only a few quid anyway and fit properly