C20xe Redtop

Guest steve o

Guest salty_monk

What coil setup? If it's twin coil wasted spark then the problem is one of the coils is dead. Other than that check all your HT leads, plugs dizzy cap, rotor arm etc. Make sure you have everything in the correct firing order....

Any more info? How did it happen, did it just suddenly start or were you playing with it etc.

Cheers,

Dan

Guest steve o

It is a single coil set up new rota plug leads have not been played with.last sunday started and moved small amount sunday eve it just fired slightly then nothing have checked valve timing and tryed different ecu no change thanks

Guest Daniel Aldridge

Hi Steve,

Is it injection? If so remove the fuel pump fuse, foot hard down on the gas and crank for a while and hopefully it will fire up and clear it's throat so to speak,obviously not reving too high if it does fire on all four,Replace fuse and crank with a little gas and see what happens,

HTH Danny

It's the coil, this system is a "wasted spark" type, in other words, 1 + 4 will spark both at the same time, every time pistons 1 + 4 get to TDC (or thereabouts) 2 + 3 do the same, so it sounds like one side of your coil has gone by-by.

Guest Daniel Aldridge

You say you got fuel (maybe too much) and I'm assuming you have spark to all four plugs so it should fire on all four cylinders also assuming you have good compression on all four cylinders too? In a previous life I spent best part of twenty years attending customers who started their cars up and turned them off after only running for a short while and started nearly every one in the way i described,

Danny

p s I stupidly did the same thing to my tin top a few weeks ago (I should have known better) <_<

Guest steve o
You say you got fuel (maybe too much) and I'm assuming you have spark to all four plugs so it should fire on all four cylinders also assuming you have good compression on all four cylinders too? <_<

HI only have a spark on 1 & 4, compression tested and ok

Guest chris brown
HI only have a spark on 1 & 4, compression tested and ok

Then the only things it can be now is

1/. No fuel at cylinders, are you sure 1 & 4 injectors are firing? I think the injectors fire in pairs 1&4 and 2&3

2/. Spark at wrong time (leads crossed over)

3/. Plugs braking down under compression (unlikely maybe one but not two at once)

Guest steve o

With plugs out and earthed to block 1 & 4 have a healthy spark 2 & 3 do not have a spark at all,fuel getting through to all cylinders no problem, leads are corect, it is a one part cap held on with 3 screws thanks for suggestions

Guest Daniel Aldridge

Sorry Steve,I ment to ask is it an orange (bosch) cap with a two peice plastic type shroud, If so it may be worth a try with the shroud removed, Easily done once the captive screws holding the cap on are removed,

Danny