Braided Brake Pipes

Guest 2b_pablo

Guest 2b_pablo

Hi guys, my Mk2 seems to have all sierra running gear and Im looking to swap the rubber hoses for goodridge braided ones. I presume I just buy a sierra 4 line kit? Its seems simple enough but you know what kitcars are like!

cheers

Guest 2b_pablo

cheers guys I ordered off burton I find them much easier to deal with and delivery is next day. £41 inc vat for the hoses but needed some gaskets too.

just went for the sierra 4 line kit.

Guest peter2b2002

Hi just seen your post, go for made to measure hoses, i got a set of sierra goodridge hoses but the rears were too short? ended up going to my local goodridge shop to have them made up.

pete2b

Guest STEVE OXON

I DROPPED IN TO MERLIN MOTORSPORTS AT CASTLE COOMBE. MADE TO SIZE WHILST I WAITED. AND NOT EXPENSIVE. WAS A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO MIND. sorry wasnt meaning to shout

steve

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 2b_pablo

went to fit the goodridge hoses yesterday. guess what too short :( rears might be ok but the fronts could do with 2" more length on them

looks like custom jobbies then. Any suggestions? I live in NI so not able to travel to a place.

I used the Goodrige kit part no-SFD032-4P , the fronts approx 13 1/2"back nut to back nut and the rears 11 1/2" , the fronts where a great fit , the rears not fitted as yet due to the brakes being spot on now .

Mike

Several have gone the 'made to measure by my own fair hand' route, which should give a reasonable chance of getting them the correct length, by using euroquip hose and re-usable fittings from Rally Design here. I did and have been happy with them. For simpler option I would ring Rally Design and get them to do custom Goodrich hoses to your spec. They have always been helpful and knowledgeable over the phone in my experience.

Either way use the hoses you have as a template. Check the ends are all correct fittings, length of thread for front calipers and front bulkhead fitting, convex or concave sealing surfaces and lengths to allow full lock.

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest timswait

Loking at the rally design website I notice they don't differentiate between rear disc or drum Sierras, are they the same fittings? They do a Cossie kit which is a 6 line kit, any ideas what the extra two are, wouldn't that be for a Tyrell Sierra? I'm pretty sure a Sierra kit would be OK for my car as I remember using Sierra rubber flexies when I built it.

Pablo-I think the Ebay ones are the same as the Euroquip ones people have mentioned earlier-they seem to work fine, so should be OK, but I'm shying away from them in favour of ready made ones. I also have heard the Reusable Fitting ones are not SVA compliant, although I guess that's not a concern for you.