Controversial Styling

Guest SEgan

After several instances of people mistaking my car for a much narrower vehicle on country lanes at night, I have added a couple of new lights.

Just thought I would share a few pictures. :)

DSCF1351.jpg

DSCF1355.jpg

Guest rhetorical-oracle

Interesting :huh: Has the advantage of being a bit like Citreon DS headlights, that turn to illuminate a corner as you steer into it :D Not sure what an SVA inspector would say about them though, but might be a worthwhile post SVA mod.

I too have been thinking of doing the same but as yet have not seen the likes of those you have fitted , what are they from ?

Mike

I found them in two places, Halfords and DealExtreme. Halfords ones are 24.99 :( , DealExtreme ones are $9.17 delivered (less than a fiver!):)

Being a true Hoodie and a man born in the North mine were £4.58 :D .

Being 5mm LED's they will not 'light your way'! They are more for 'being more visible'

I have connected them with a detachable wire for MOT time. ;)

Many thanks SEgan , i have just had a look at DealExtreme and yes they are a good price so ordered a pair too cheap to pass up , i intend to fit them on the cycle wing support bar just under the guard but will have to see what happens when i try and offer them up .

Mike

Guest rhetorical-oracle
Being 5mm LED's they will not 'light your way'! They are more for 'being more visible'

5mm LED's will probably 'light your way' better than a set of standard RH sealed beams! :rolleyes:

I had my indicators roughly there for the first SVA but the tester - he said no. Apparently you aren't allowed to have them on a moveable part of the car (although he was fine with the side-repeaters). I fitted a set of motorbike indicators on the nosecone for the re-test but was pressed for time so hadn't removed the originals - he still wasn't happy until I removed them (so I did whilst he was writing the certificate up).

Iain

:huh: Hi all, I thought I read or saw somewhere that front indicators ( &/or side-lights) were now OK on a swivelling part i.e cycle wing ---hope so 'cos that's where I want to put mine; seems like the best place too ; hence your mod + indicator will be more visible towards the direction you wish to go!!

Can we expect any common-sense from VOSA? Regards Bob Fry.

How much clearance do I need inside the mudguard ?

Looks like a super mod.

Once angled forwards the depth of the unit is not greater than the thickness of the tubular cycle wing bracket, so no extra clearance is required.

They look great, do they cause any glare issues for people coming the other way? Thye seem quite bright.

I don't think it will be a problem; they are not as bright as they look in the photo and certainly no brighter than the driving lights fitted to the A8's that I have seen.

Cheers for all your comments :)

Sean

• 3 weeks later...