No Love For My Loom!

Guest adame

Currently have an siera estate car loom in my 2B with more extra circuits (and length) than I care to even think about!

Anyone using aftermarket looms? If so any suggestion on a good manufacturer or should I leave alone?

Also same across a nice higher model spec instrument pod, which has different wiring than current one. anyone ever wired one up??

Cheers - Adam

hi adam

we used the vicky green wiring loom that came with the kit

and adjusted it for the focus switches and durite switches

we still have the full wall chart up in the garage if you want to pop round and have a look

could copy it and make your own if you want.

i am on holiday till the 7th jan so let me know and pop round..

cheers gavin

i used the sierra loom from a ghia model so as you can guess it was full of extras.

it just needs a bit of patience and a circuit tester to remove all the bits you dont want - took me about a week on and off

most of the extra length is from front to back so i made a box to fit on top of the tunnel and coiled the excess in there

Steve

Guest chris brown

I'm with Steve and Peter on this one stick with the Sierra loom it took me about 4 days to sort it all out and get it down to a manageable size but in the end you have a good loom with well fused circuits and all relays where required

Guest Ian & Carole

Yep

Stick with the ford one.

Why spend £100.00 when you have one for nowt.

Liked said before full of relays and lots of fuses for every thing.

I cut out more than I used , leccie windows six speaker stereo, central locking.................................... and on and on ....................

Once the dash stuff was some were near,and the loom travels to the rear.

You will find that the loom is "handed" for the rear lights etc, at this point i split the loom into left hand and right hand at the transmission tunnel and travelled the lot down each side of the chassis loosing some of the length.

Buy the time I got to the back all I needed was fuel sender wiring and the lights so I hacked off the excess length at the back.

I think that makes sense <_<

If so HTH's

Ian J

I have to confess to being totaly confused by the whole process especially as i had the loom supplied with the kit that mates to the cortina fuse box and not the sierra that i had, in the end i called in Gingerfix who fitted the Vicky Green loom.

One of the more expensive solutions is the Car Builder Solutions fuse and relay box which is pretty much plug and go.

You guys are great. Thanks so much for your help. It gives me alot more confidence and enthuthiasm to get going on the car again knowing that I have people I can ask questions.

Cheers to all - Ad

• 3 weeks later...
Currently have an siera estate car loom in my 2B with more extra circuits (and length) than I care to even think about!

Anyone using aftermarket looms? If so any suggestion on a good manufacturer or should I leave alone?

Also same across a nice higher model spec instrument pod, which has different wiring than current one. anyone ever wired one up??

Cheers - Adam

post-2859-1199973757_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the dodgy pic, my camera phone is rubbish!

Decided that I wasn't happy with my loom from when I originally fitted it so I thought I'd cut it about a bit!

So far so good, glad I have taken these steps.

Not quite finished yet, but I can't believe how much crap I've taken out of the loom!

It needed alot of shortening plus some repairs / modifications.

Will post an update when finished.

-Adam

Guest craig030774

i used sierra fuse box but rewired from there to where i wanted all labelled up then trimmed off and connected when ready . took ages but i know it is all new and follows sierra wiring diagram

Guest mizurage135

Ive gone for car builder souloutions module arrived yesterday looks extremley straight forward even 4 me. all fuses and relays conected, easy to read diagram and explanations, fitting weekend will let you know how it goes