Le Mans

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

for those going to le mans again this year, the cheepest cover i have found (independent cover) is from vehicle-rescue.com, it was £28.00 last year £21.75 this for 7 day cover , it only covers you once in France but it will get you home again if the worst happens

pete2b

Guest RichardO
for those going to le mans again this year, the cheepest cover i have found (independent cover) is from vehicle-rescue.com, it was £28.00 last year £21.75 this for 7 day cover , it only covers you once in France but it will get you home again if the worst happens

pete2b

I've not rung them up, but they only appear to cover cars upto 15 years old, mine is 29 years old.

For my S7 (Cortina based and built in the early 90s but still registered as 1979) it is looking like the RAC again at £66 again, and that includes my member discount..

Does anybody know anywhere cheaper?

Rich...

Hold on you lot, i have european breakdown recover for the hood via my Adrian flux insurance policy, its a 20 quid add on and thats for the year, non of this aa/rac two weeks for 60 qiud malarky,

when i went to Normandy last year just ran with dates and they sent me a letter to confirm i was covered, cant comment on the recovery service as i never used it.

Im sure the other kit insurers have full cover too

Mitch

i have european breakdown recover for the hood via my Adrian flux insurance policy, its a 20 quid add on and thats for the year, non of this aa/rac two weeks for 60 qiud malarky,

cant comment on the recovery service as i never used it.

Are you sure it isn't £40 for the year? I have it on the Hood and the Libra. I have also used it, it is very good. THey took the Hood back from just north of Bordeux to home and gave me a hire car for the remainder of the holiday which I handed in at Calais. I could have got them to pay for train tickets from Dover to home but I got a lift instead. I had a look at the policy when I needed to use it, it offers a lot. For instance if I had broken a limb the week before the trip they would have hired a chauffer to drive the car for me for the duration of the holiday.

It might be worth trying Adrian Flux for breakdown cover only. It is a seperate policy to the insurance (the breakdown in underwritten by Equity Redstar, where as my Libra policy is underwritten by Trinity Lane). Trinity Lane now offer a 'normal' car policy through Adrian Flux, but at the cost of a classic/kit policy. It includes all the normal car policy benefits like no claims bonuses, protected no claims, like for like car while yours is repaired, seperate windscreen cover etc. Plus they pass all claims to Total Accident Management who are very good (as I am finding out first hand!).

I'm in the same boat as Richard. You guys with 2bs have newer registrations and get cheaper cover. My S7 is registerered as 1983 and the quotes i've been getting are expensive. Even with my members discount the RAC quoted £81.00! That's more than i pay for a year for me and my daughter. I can get 12 months roadside assist and recovery ( including europe) from my kit car insurers, ( Graham Sykes), for £55 which is a bit more reasonable.

Barry.