Sorn Penalty

sylvia.fry2

Guest robinj66
I think I read somewhere (sad person reading the DVLA and VOSA literature at work) that providing the car had never been SORNd (2001 when it started I think) then there is no need to do so but once it has been SORNd then it must be done every year.

The date you're thinking about is 1st February 1998

Best bet is to SORN it at the local post office....yes I kniow that means a 20 minute wait....

but you get a printed SORN confirmation that should stand up in the DVLA's "Court of flaw)

As with most Govt agencies......its ALWAYS your problem...

Bob

Guest Ian & Carole

If you SORN or even tax your car "on-line" you get an instant e-mail conformation, and an official SORN letter through the post in 3 or 4 days.

So far I have never waited more than 4 working days for either a tax disc or the SORN letter via there web site.

Ian J

Guest peter2b2002

i was late sorn -ing mine online, got an email telling me i was late and might be liable to a fine, that was 3 weeks ago , still no letter,

now I'm getting worried.

pete2b

Guest Robin Allison

3 weeks should be ok.

I've just got one through for my RS2000. I turned the tax in for a refund in november. All forms filled out and handed in at my local DVLA office.

I have just got a fine notice through in the post. Someone has not done there job at the dvla and i get the *bleep*ty end of the stick.

Going to the dvla office tomorrow to find out why they did it wrong, but i bet i have to pay the fine. <_<

Best bet is to SORN it at the local post office....yes I kniow that means a 20 minute wait....

but you get a printed SORN confirmation that should stand up in the DVLA's "Court of flaw)

As with most Govt agencies......its ALWAYS your problem...

Bob

Last year I was 2 months late re SORNing my 2nd doner because I didn't get a reminder. I didn't get a penalty notice, I remembered it was due. So I called the DVLA to redo it and they told me I hadn't recieved the reminder because I had declared SORN for 14 months! i.e. they lost the SORN the year before. So I read out the confirmation code on the slip from the Post Office. They then agreed to SORN the car from the day I rang and launched an 'investigation' to see how much they could fine me. 10 months later I haven't heard anything so I think they must have decided they got it wrong.