Anyone On Orange Broadband?

Joel

Anyone here on Orange / Wanadoo Broadband?

Can you log on to your email ok? The past few days I keep getting messages like "can't find the server at wassup.orange.co.uk.", when I try to log on.

I googled it and there's a few other people with the same problem but no solutions.

I've not changed any settings or anything like that in the past few days and general net access is working fine.

Any ideas?

orange are an apalling company to be with. About once a year we go offline for a couple of months, and with no help or information from the call centre. Next time it breaks i'm just going to switch to a different company.

Guest pwlcarz

Been using Orange broadband for the last year (since I had 2 previous ISP's go bust and left stuck unable to get a transfer code from them).

I must admit I was wary after reading some of the reports but so far been 100% reliable with good speed (8MB unlimited service).

The only time I needed to call their help line was at initial set up and I was put through to Bangalore. "oh here we go" I thought, but the lady at the other end was helpful and sorted out the problem immediately.

So far it been "fit and forget".

The only note of caution I would say with small companies is most of them are not the actual suppliers of your broadband line, they rent the lines from an ISP wholesaler. If your ISP goes bust or you want to change ISP getting your reference code may be a BIG problem. Rules were introduced last year to ensure ISP's provide a code when requested (within 2 weeks?) I'm not sure if they apply to the Wholesalers, so you could be stuck with an ISP who's gone bust so you can't contact them, and can't get your code because the Wholesaler does not deal with individuals requests and doesn't have a phone number listed anyway (even if you can find out who they are!).

At least with the bigger ISP's you can be reasonably sure they won't go out of business unexpectedly!