Position Of Rear Lights

Guest kwikarf

Guest kwikarf

it has been mentioned on a few occasions that the car will fail SVA on rear lights

the confussion is over whether all lights have to 90 degrees to the road or just the fog

would be interested in what others think and more importantly found at SVA

cheers kevin

Kevin, I have the same lights as you and they were fine for SVA, although mine are positioned lower down the arch than yours. I did however have to adjust the fog light angle, so the inspector had obviously had a good look!

I suspect it's one of those 'on the day' things.

i have a reversing light and fog light that are the same units but just different covers. I was only made to change the fog to vertical as they are both mounted on the slope of the back panel. I have the light clusters with the rubber spacer on the arches so they are vertical anyway so unsure about them. hth

This came up a little while ago and although I had thought it was all lights there is only reference to the fog light in the SVA regs. That said I personally think it looks odd to have lights more than a few degrees off vertical. I also remember a reference to a vertical mounted red reflector somewhere but can't find it in SVA so I may have read it in Tiddlywinks Monthly.

Nigel

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gavinc

no problem graham...

the car was registered & on the road the same day as sva

enjoying ironing out the little problems now..

hope to be at the herts meet next week

weather and work permitting