Reae Coils

Guest maltbyd

Guest maltbyd

Hi guys

Just been setting up the rear of my sub-k up and Iam wondering when it comes to the SVA where do they jack the rear of the car up?Do they jack it up under the rear suspention arms that hold the springs?If they did that to mine on my last setting the spring will fall out of the upper cups.So I tentioned the springs and now my ride height is far to high any ideas?

Dave

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Hi I have the same thing with my sub k , it is quite high but I will leave it like that until one day it is sva tested.

It is very important that the springs dont come loose on full travel and it would certainly fail the MOT if the springs are slack - have you used the "rubber rings" from donor they help to take up the gap.

When mine is jacked up it takes a really good yank to move the springs at all - what sort of ground clearance have you got beloow thw floor at the back??? I think sub ks are higher at the front as well ?

Steve Hall

Guest mkeats02

Hello all,

On my Sub-K when fitting the rear suspension, I used the original rear springs as suggested in the video and fitted the dampers. When the diff was jacked up so the wheels were off the ground, the springs dislocated as they were too short, I then proceeded to fit the longer front springs in place, these did not dislocate, but they were too soft so when any weight what so ever was added to the car it bottom out. I tried getting some cossie front springs, fords don't have any left!! I visited a local shop who sent them off. I asked them to reproduce the front springs with the tension of the rear springs, after 3 attempts I got a front spring "free length" at 250lbs, the rear sus now works a treat. The first 2 times the manufacturer reproduced the rear springs!! Below is the site address of the spring manufacturer.

They only cost me £60!! Better then the RHE coil overs as you can specify a tension to suit you. Hope this helps!!!

www.coilsprings.co.uk

B)

My rear springs used to fall out of my sub-K as well. I cut the spring mount off the McP strutt and re-welded it onto the bottom of the shaft. This gave me lots more adjustment and now they don't fall out.

You have got the Sierra dampers fitted havent you?