Sierra Loom

Guest tomottewell

Guest tomottewell

Hello, building a 2 b + and at the moment in a mess with the wiring harness to the engine. its a 2l pinto on a standard webber carb. its got the big ecu. but nothing seem's in place, i've got the engine in, but no starter battery or ignition. no wires are left that corrispond with the colours on the ignition. Has anyone any ideas where i'm going wrong or can anyone shed any light on anything? thanks Tom

Guest tomottewell
Where did you get the loom.

john

thanks john its a origonal loom that came from robin hood off of a sierra. is there any simpler way of cutting all the suff you don't need out?

thanks Tom

Guest chris brown
thanks john its a origonal loom that came from robin hood off of a sierra. is there any simpler way of cutting all the suff you don't need out?

thanks Tom

The problem you have as I see it is the loom may not have come off a car of the same year as your engine so it will be a case of working through the loom bit by bit identifying each wire and tagging it you will find that there will be lots to remove and may be some to put in. After a few hours it gets much easier to read and understand the Haynes circuit diagrams. Good luck.

Guest chris brown
thanks,

how do you go through the loom with the ecu in there?

can things be taken out with out it affecting the ecu?

thankks tom

Yes but you must identify all parts of the loom as you go as it is easy to take a wire out without identifying it properly only to find it is required later on.

Hi,

it sounds like you may have a loom off a later car that didn't have a pinto engine. I've adapted my loom from a CVH powered car to a pinto engine, it just needs patience. I connected everything I required and got it all working before I cut out the miles of cable I didn't need. Adapting the engine loom is not too difficult, think about what you need for your present engine not what is there for the old engine,it makes it easier.

Cheers

Nige

I have fitted pinto engines into CVH Sierras ages ago. I'm sure the wiring harness is the same except where it comes through the bulkhead into the engine bay, a big rubber plug couples the wires from the interior to the engine bay. If you can, get an older Sierra harness, it may be what you need

I think the big ECU is for a CVH and the small one is for the Pinto.

john