Barkston Heath 10th May

Guest John Walton

Guest John Walton

EDIT 2100 12.03.08

PLEASE NOTE, WE HAVE JUST HAD THE PRICE FOR BARKSTON FOR 2008.

DUE TO INFLATION AND THE INSURANCE CHARGES, RESCUE STAFF, TIME KEEPERS ETC THAT THEY HAVE TO MEET THIS YEARS PRICE WILL BE £50 PER DRIVER AND £25 FOR EVERY SECOND DRIVER OF A CAR.

THIS WILL ALSO INCLUDE £5 DAY MEMBERSHIP OF THE RAFMSA FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES.

STILL A BARGAIN FOR A DAYS SPRINTING COMPARED TO OTHER CLUBS

ANYONE WANT TO DROP OUT DUE TO THE PRICE INCREASE MAIL ME DIRECT (NOT 'PM' TYPE MESSAGE)

AND I WILL REMOVE YOU FROM THE LIST

Ok peeps I'll start this now and edit it as I go along.

For those that don't know.

Barkston Heath is a sprint track operated by the Royal Air Force Motorsports Association.

It is located 5 miles form Grantham In Lincolnshire.

It is located 15 miles from Sleaford in Lincolnshire.

The track has an excellent surface and safety is covered by two dedicated emergency vehicles supplied and crewed by the RAFMSA's own Motorsport Medical and Recovery/Rescue crews.

If any of you have been to Curburough, this place is 10 times better.

Kit List

1 x seviceable motor car, it does not need to taxed, MOT'd or SVA, but must be suitable for use ie, it should be able to pass an MOT. Use common sense.

1 x crash helmet, full face prefered. I tdoes not have to be race spec' lidls and the like do helmets very cheap, presuming of course you have a cheap head.

1 x pair of overalls. These do not have to be race spec' but they do as a mimimum have to be 100% cotton, clean and serviceable. Welder overals are good for this or follow the link for a real value for money pair. :ph34r:

HT Hughes 100% Cotton Overalls Race Stylie

Gloves and shoes are up to you, they are not on the list of requirements.

Camping :lazy:

Camping can be found at Woodland Waters camp site, 1 mile from Barkston Heath. Good camp site, proper toilets and showers + a bar and resteraunt on site, good food and beer at reasonable prices.

[url="http://www.woodlandwaters.co.uk/"]Woodland Waters Camping[/url]

Petrol Staion 500 yards from Woodland Waters. Ask Barry Lilles the way :yahoo:

The 'Bristol Massive'

The hardy souls normally camp on the Friday night for there 'pre-race preperations'.

It is a damn good social evening, beer and a bit of a BBQ and baiting. :drinks:

Note Barry 'The Hedge' Lilles not to be allowed to drink :sorry:

Due to insurance and that is a track day, timing is not allowed.

However, you will be marked for style :clapping:

Due to the methods involved and the technical limitations of the equipment, your 'style' points can only be represented in minutes, seconds and tenths :friends:

This will be a top day out camp on the Friday evening to make it even better, using traditional Hoody logic, we dont care what you drive but have a sense of humour and bring some beer and food on Friday night.

Book Today, do not delay

We need 35 drivers per event to do this at a cheap as chips price for our members.

If we get 35 drivers per event the cost per driver is around the £45-£50 mark.

Bring the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/son/daughter/mate along as a second driver.

The fewer drivers we get, the more it is going to cost those going, simple really.

Any problems or queries contact me.

I will add people to the list on here as we go

1 Chris Brown

2 Dave Rose

3 Bob Tucker

4 Nigel Thurstan

5 Charlie Mathers

6 Rob Foster

7 Les Welsher

8 Stephen Altwasser

9 Joey Brown

10 Andrew Wilkinson

11 Richard Hanks

12 Barry Hedge-Liles

13 Daren Fasey

14 Steve Allen

15 Tom Hayden

16 John Procter

17 Colin Younger. Stacy Younger 2nd driver for Colin Younger Andy Kelly 3rd driver for Colin Younger

18 Steve Ling

19 Antony Slee

20 Paul King

21 Andy Ashton

22 Matt Riley

23 Craig Love

24 Tim Clarke

25 Chris Clarke

26 Ian James (Cateringvan)

27 Ken Brough

28 Ken Brough/Marc

29 Graham Coles

30 Danny Hassan

31 Kenton Williams

32 Andy 'Roller' Rowles

33 Ant 'B'

Edited by John Walton

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fozzy2007

i would like to go but is there any chance someone could make a thread explaining what goes on there for us newbies. it would be nice to know what happens. i.e does eveyone stay the night. do they have a refuel pont or do we just fill the support car with jerry cans. do people drive up or take their cars on trailers and so on. sorry if it seems a dumb question but i would rather look a fool now than on the side of the road just outside the track.

thanks for your time y'all

Rob

Edited by fozzy2007

Guest salty_monk
i would like to go but is there any chance someone could make a thread explaining what goes on there for us newbies. it would be nice to know what happens. i.e does eveyone stay the night. do they have a refuel pont or do we just fill the support car with jerry cans. do people drive up or take their cars on trailers and so on. sorry if it seems a dumb question but i would rather look a fool now than on the side of the road just outside the track.

thanks for your time y'all

Rob

Yes, I can explain....

What happens? You drive your car like a loon around a track. It's a sprint track, 1 at a time, no danger of hitting another car but you could hit a tyre walll etc.

Most people stay the night, there is a local campsite. There is also plenty of B&B within range. Campsite is less than 2 miles away. It has showers, some people know the showers better than others!

There is a petrol garage around 1 mile from the track. You might want to bring a gallon to "top up" if you have room. I used to get 16 to the gallon on track. A good Barkston is at least 70 miles on track, once I did 90.

You can drive, I did. If you do then don't crash or break down... (you could push it outside the track & call the AA anyway.....)

That's it... other than that, beer, food & fun.

I wish you could add me to that list.... you know I'd be there.

Dan :)

Guest Ian & Carole

1 Crash helmet

2 Fire proof overalls

3 Beer

4 Food

5 Sense of humor

6 Beer

7 Sense of humor

Ian J

I have just been told off by the race director :huh:

Overalls should read

Hi Ian,

before anyone is put off by bying fireproof overalls, could you edit your post to state;

Overalls need to be a minimum of 100% cotton, welders overalls ideal.

Sorry John

Edited by Ian & Carole
been told off by John Walton

Guest Ian & Carole

To update my post of ealier

I have just been repremanded by the race director Mr Walton that I may have misled you all about the spec of overalls.

John says " Hi Ian,

before anyone is put off by bying fireproof overalls, could you edit your post to state;

Overalls need to be a minimum of 100% cotton, welders overalls ideal".

Sorry for any confusion caused. :rolleyes:

Ian J