Black Plastic Wire Conduit Sleeving - Split

Guest sparks

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any Black Plastic wire conduit sleeving, the stuff with the split in, left over.

I am in the process of having the wiring loom installed, so I will need some when I am ready to fastened it to the chassis.

I dont know how much or what size I will need best guess in total around 10 metres, size 1/2"

Cheers

Mark

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any Black Plastic wire conduit sleeving, the stuff with the split in, left over.

I am in the process of having the wiring loom installed, so I will need some when I am ready to fastened it to the chassis.

I dont know how much or what size I will need best guess in total around 10 metres, size 1/2"

Cheers

Mark

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Mounting-Boxes/5m-...uit/invt/715020 - Think it's also available in black.

Mark,

IMHO you don't need to sleeve all the loom. It should be OK if it is properly clipped to chassis. I would recommend this sleeve on any parts of the loom that have unfused 12v on them- basically any cable that is directly connected to battery positive terminal. This vastly reduces chance of a short to ground on the unprotected circuit. I probably used 2m tops (mine came out of a skip in moscow on a job I did there). HTH, Brian