Bike Carbs

Guest Leaner

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuart_

well i got the serria was had a 2.0 head, and it was working fine. and wheni came to change the timming belt the marks did line up. so had a chat with a mechanic and they said if it ruins as it is put the belt back where it came from. so we started the engine up and made sure it was running ok. then changed the belt and it stills runs.

the 165 block is very smillar to 205 block as i have 1.6 emax engine.

stuart

The 2.0L head on a 1600 engine will give you a compression ratio in the order of 8 to 1.

The 2.0L head as stated earlier had much bigger combustion chamber and you would have to fill with weld and grind back to get an effective increase of compression ratio.

Skimming would brake through the spark plug hole before you achieved a good compression ratio.

This is not a good combination of parts and i suspect that you will stuggle to get 80bhp even with the 2.0L cam and bike carbs.

Compression ratio makes a huge difference to BHP and i feel that the standard 1600 with 2.0L cam would give more than your current setup.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest soon2benakedrockstar

Hey there. Im currently using/adapting the same manifold to fit Yamaha R1 carbs to my pinto engine. What im planning on doing is using a bolt with lock tight in the injector holes then cutting the head of the bolt off. Then il drill and tap a 6mm hole in the centre of this and attach a small pipe like used as bleed nipples on brakes. I will use these to balance the carbs then cap them off with some small air tight rubber caps. May also concider sculpting where the bolt will petrude into the inside of the manifold for better air flow. Then instead of drilling the jets il be using the jets from a DGAV carb as these will fit straight in and can be bought cheaply in a range of sizes as bike jets only go up to about 160 and the DGAV range from 90 - 205 in increments of 5. Althought if you do choose to drill then they recommend using a 1.8mm for 2ltr engines and 1.65mm for 1.6ltrs. If anyone else requires any more information regarding fitting bike carbs and jet sizes then feel free to pm me. Will post some pictures once manifold is made. May even put up some build pics along the way.

Guest stuart_

hi, i done this on my injector holes picture below, i tap out the injector holes and then drilled a hole through the center of a bolt and the brazed copper brake pipe in the middle at both ends and then cut it in half and screwed it in with loctight and packed it fully of jb weled.

As well i am running a 1.6 pinto on cbr600 carbs would DGAV carb jets fit mine?

thanks

stuart

post-2616-1209630790_thumb.jpg