@ Key

Mitch

As title really, my @ and " keys are the wrong way around, but my computer is set to english uk? what else could it be,

Language bar on bottom of screen does keep reverting to aerican english though no matter how many time i change it?

Anyone any ideas

Mitch

Not sure what you have tried so far but it should be - start menu - control panel - regional and language options - language tab - advanced

then change to either US or UK keyboards depending on which you have. American setup has the @ on the number 2 key top left.

HTH

Think yourself lucky i bought a second hand keyboard for my sony which has English and Chinese/japanese as well and has a bunch of extra keys that dont do anything and are in that language :D but it only cost 14gbp so i cant complain.... good luck ;)

Guest robocog
As title really, my @ and " keys are the wrong way around, but my computer is set to english uk? what else could it be,

Language bar on bottom of screen does keep reverting to aerican english though no matter how many time i change it?

Anyone any ideas

Mitch

Assuming its XP..

its the regional settings that need changing

so get into control panel

(start > settings >control panel )

then into regional settings

(date time language icon OR in classic view regional and language)

Go through all the tabs making sure that UK english is set as the default on all

remove the US english, (youll get a message saying its in use and will be set default next boot

Reboot PC and enjoy keys that are where they say they are ;)

(not fitted the megasquirt yet, but it WILL happen sometime soon)

Regards

Rob

Edited by robocog

thanks for that Rob, was a setting under one of the tabs, i had already done the language setting but it was under the advanced tab that kept reverting it to american!!

Need to ask you a favour to, you have a PM

Mitch