Ebay Dispute

Guest Takumi

Guest Takumi

hi all,

I bought a carbide burr on ebay, which was posted on the 14thMar,

this morning I got a card through the door saying there was not enough postage to deliver it, and I have to pick it up at a cost of ~£1.46 (it will cost twice that in fuel to drive down there and back..)

I am assuming this 'not enough postage card' was for the thing I am expecting but cannot be 100% sure..

Do I pay for it, which will be more like £4 inc driving there and back.., and try and get some sort of refund from the seller, or leave it and file a item not received dispute in a few days.. (i paid £1.50 for delivery, which I sure would have covered it..)

I guess, the seller hasn't been able to deliver what I have paid for, so its his problem..

awkward one,

any reassurance appreciated..

tk

Why don't you wait and see what it is first.

If it is the burr you can contact the seller and negotiate some sort of rebate - he or she should presumably be happy that you are raising their awareness of a problem which is going to hit them again.

If you don't get any joy then you'll be leaving negative feedback, won't you?

Guest jhfozzy

I've sold a few things on ebay and am always worried about the postage issue.

I used to chuck a couple of stamps on it (weighed it first to find price) and post it if it was small enough.

Nowadays, I always take it down to the post office and pay there as it saves me money (large letter = 48p at the desk, 2 x stamps = 56p) and I'm sure to pay enough and not have this situation.

I'd go and pick it up, but then, I enjoy any excuse to go out for a drive. lol.

I've had one issue before (resolved in the post office before it got to the customer) where I'd taped my stamps down as the glue was pitiful and the postie said that i'd voided the stamps by putting tape over them as the machine can't mark them. This might be the issue here.

But, on the other hand, TBH, if the postage wasn't enough to cover, then he should have upped his postage price. Therefore if this is the case, then it's his fault and i'd personally refund the extra postage after i'd seen a copy of the receipt.

Hope this helps,

John.

Hi , I had the same problem a couple of months ago i was mad too , but i phoned them and paid the excess , got them to deliver it as i was not intending to trek into town to pick it up as it would cost me at lot more to go by car .(a 40 mile round trip).

Our local postie has also done the same for me in the past with revenue due items .

Mike

Guest Takumi

I've had an email back,

the seller (he/her/other..) has proof of postage, so that would mean it was posted at a post office..? surely they weigh things that aren't letters..

I emailed him back letting them know I've had this card in the post, so hopfully he will want to keep his 5 Star reputation.

I've asked him to email me a copy of his proof of postage, then I'll phone the local PO , and see if I can get it released..

Guest Toejam

I had a card through for a letter recently.

You can pay online now and save yourself all the grief, they just send it out to you as normal afterwards.

Guest Takumi

I will suggest that he pays the fees online. I will phone the local PO and see if I can get it redelivered without fees.. But i doubt they will budge..

Guest Takumi

He's not going to pay the postage..

He offered to give me discount on my next purchases... (I think he's a bit stupid..)

I sent him a reminder that if he doesnt deliver the goods, I will be forced to raise a item not received dispute.. I've been through the ebay/paypal docs regarding items not received. The seller has to be able to prove delivery for items that are disputed, so its going to bne his problem. I suspect I'll receive negative feedback, but theres little else I can do.

[hi tac

re the bit not arrived and excess cost to collect

it seems that this is a common occuance

you purchace a product and order it , only to find that the po wont cover the delvery.

its wrong

you order and buy on line and the end price should be the end cost.

not running arround like a prat trying to find your bits that you have paid for.

then pay extra no .

regards graham

Hi Tak ,

You could leave him neg feedback stateing item not received and when and if you do receive it , you can always post an addition to your feedback comment as i had to do this last year and it speeded everything up as he soon saw that i got my item , lots of appoligies too to clear his name .

Mike

Guest a8dyc

Trouble is with feedback is if you leave negative he will do the same no doubt,for no fault of yours.Your out of pocket having paid for the goods and now have no goods.Is it worth not getting any thing back from this seller,I would bite the bullet and collect the goods pay the difference and be done with it.Chances are if you don't you will end up with nothing and paid for it.

Is wrong but thats how i see it going.

Andy

Guest allenr03

Bite the bullet, pick the item up so you're not totally out of pocket than leave him negative feedback. He will leave you feedback but you can add a comment that states what really happened.

Other alternative is to not collect it, file a dispute, leave feedback. When Ebay uphold your issue you can have any feedbacl he leaves removed.

Guest pwlcarz

Actually I think your issue here is with Royal Mail.

If the seller has proof of posting then the item will have been weighed and 'correct' postage charged, so theoretically he has done everything demanded of him.

I would get the item delivered then see exactly why there is the extra charge, and enter into dispute with the Royal Mail, especially if he can give you a copy of the proof of posting.

Having said that, for £1.50 is it worth it? I guess the Royal Mail knows that people have got bettere things to do with their lives than quibble over small amounts, so gets away with it again.