Sold My Hood

Guest 2b_pablo

Guest 2b_pablo

saw the old girl off tonight to its new owner. will be sad to see it go and definately sad to be out of kitcar ownership. Plan to do a full build with my son once he is older :)

Moving on to a lotus elise, just hope I can keep it on the track!

Thanks all for all the help while Ive been on the forum its been much appreciated!

-pablo

Guest alan rowe

That's what I did Pablo --------- after the V8 Robin Hood and then the Fireblade MNR an Elise seemed a good next step -- I got a S1 111s (the VVC version) brilliant fun and so similar to driving the kit cars (I never have the roof on)

Which one are you thinking of getting ??

A

Guest alan rowe

A most definitely 100% -- if you can sort the induction and if not already fitted, a sports box, not only will it go better but will sound brilliant

The big thing to always be aware of is the so called dredded head gasket problem - NEVER let the coolant level drop (at cold it should be just below the min level) and ALWAYS gently warm the car (no hard driving) until it's been at about 84°c for a little while -- then give it some

Try to justify a 111s -- there is so much more on that spec than the standard one

A

Guest alan rowe

Looks like you got lots of interesting replies and suggestions on the SELOC site --- if you had said it was going to be for trackdays, I could have told you all that (well most of it)

Edited by alan rowe

Guest 2b_pablo

will have the speed restrictor with me lol

straight onto M25, M40, M6 to carlisle then across to stranraer. some miles lol, glad I got dayinsurance rather than use up 500 miles out of my 3k pa classic policy!

shame i didnt see the first one earlier, could have got some background on it, the guys at Pheonix MSports are friends,(greg is a Hoody too) and bloody good at setting these up, look for thier recomendations on SELOC.

i prefere the VX220 turbo though,

Mitch