30k Robin Hood

Guest timswait

Guest timswait

My 2B's just clicked over 30000 miles, not bad going I think, and still going strong. I was wondering how much I've done to it in that time, so got to thinking. Some of it's a bit of a guess, but here's roughly the items that have gone through it (including what's on/in it now):

4550 litres petrol

36 litres engine oil

6 oil filters

3 or 4 litres brake fluid

2 or 3 litres transmission oil

2 engines

2 gearboxes

4 seats

19 tyres

15 wheels

6 front brake discs, 2 rear

12 spark plugs

10 plug leads

2 dizzy caps and rotor arms

14 suspension bushes

I'm sure there's lots more I could put on that list if I thought about it more! I wonder at what point it starts getting like Trigger's broom. ;)

Guest timswait
19 tyres in 30000 i can understand but how have you gone through 15 wheels? or do you have a habbit of hitting potholes like me?

Just upgradistis. Built it on a set of scabby 14" pepperpots, then got some slightly less scabby pepperpots, then got some nicer 15" cross spokes.

Guest timswait
I was worying about the consuption rate of engines and gearboxes- at the same rate my daily driver would now be on its 10th engine :)

Again, just an upgrade, built on 1.6, now on a 2.0EFi, maybe a Zetec eventually.