Esc 2

Guest tomottewell

Guest tomottewell

Hello

having a problem getting a spark, now thinking it might be the ESC 2 module. has anyone any idea's how i could test it? or has anyone got one for sale? or no where there may be one?

thanks Tom

Guest tomottewell
Thought you had inductive ignition amplifier Tom, six wires, not the ESC2.

Nigel

no its a esc 2. or i think so. its the big box with a multiplug?

I think the 3-pin dizzy is the same as the injection type (though I'm happy to be corrected), in which case you can do the magic led test - if you stick an led between + and the centre signal wire (with the dizzy plug still connected), it should flash as you crank the engine.

I know this is bad, returning to a thread when I have already disgraced myself once on it but I had an old ESC2 module once upon a time and it was working fine till 5 years ago when I removed it to fit different ignition and twin 40's and I've just had a rootle about in the shed and it's come to hand. Can't be sure it still works but no reason why it shouldn't. Yours if you want to pm me an address. It would have gone in the bin next time I came across it but it was well hidden. In the meantime I would go over the engine loom and unplug/replug each electrical connector (including the big one on the esc2 unit) a couple of times to improve their contacts.

Nigel

Guest tomottewell
I know this is bad, returning to a thread when I have already disgraced myself once on it but I had an old ESC2 module once upon a time and it was working fine till 5 years ago when I removed it to fit different ignition and twin 40's and I've just had a rootle about in the shed and it's come to hand. Can't be sure it still works but no reason why it shouldn't. Yours if you want to pm me an address. It would have gone in the bin next time I came across it but it was well hidden. In the meantime I would go over the engine loom and unplug/replug each electrical connector (including the big one on the esc2 unit) a couple of times to improve their contacts.

Nigel

thanks that would be spot on. What do i owe you for it?

Guest tomottewell
Freebee. It's just garage clutter that's not worth anything to me but I can't bring myself to throw anything away that might just come in handy! Postage will be whatever they charge. Tell ya when it's sent.

Nigel

thats brilliant thanks alot.