Bits

Guest timswait

Guest timswait

I'm selling some of the left over bits from my recent bout of upgradeitis. There's the old subframe here, including the diff, driveshafts and brakes, there's the old fuel tank here, and there's the dampers that came with the new axle here. These came from an XR4x4, so I think they might be stiffer than the standard Sierra ones, they feel fairly stiff to pul in and out, so they are possibly an upgrade if you're running the original Sierra springs and shocks.

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Tim

Please price the items as per the forum rules ASAP

Rule 7 says......... you MUST put a price on all items in your adverts, we don't want to start an auction and everyone feels awkward when it says "Make me an offer"!

Ian J

Guest timswait

Hi, on looking again at it I'm no longer sure if it is a 3.38. The tag on the casing is hard to make out but as best as I can see it it reads: 83BG 4006 CD TS7L 4D 3.62 I've looked on this site: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=85080 and it doesn't list this exact code, but I suspect the 3.62 on the end of the code means it's a 3.62 not a 3.38. However the car it originally came off was an E reg 1.6 5 speed Sierra with a Weber twin choke carb, which I thought was the Economy version. Basically I can't say for sure unless someone can deciper that code tag.

Hi Tim,

Could you just check the tag on the diff for me? if it confirms the ratio i'll have it

Cheers

Paul

Hi, on looking again at it I'm no longer sure if it is a 3.38. The tag on the casing is hard to make out but as best as I can see it it reads: 83BG 4006 CD TS7L 4D 3.62 I've looked on this site: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=85080 and it doesn't list this exact code, but I suspect the 3.62 on the end of the code means it's a 3.62 not a 3.38. However the car it originally came off was an E reg 1.6 5 speed Sierra with a Weber twin choke carb, which I thought was the Economy version. Basically I can't say for sure unless someone can deciper that code tag.

My diff is 3.38 7 " push fit , tag reads 83BG4006 LC -4A 338 2MOO there may well be a couple of letters missing as it was quite hard to read due to corrosion as is usual on these tags .

Hope that may help .

Mike