Where To Find A Manufacturer Plate For My Rh

Guest frifri11

Guest frifri11

Hi to the community,

I am the proud owner of a Robin Hood first registered 23 april 1983 ( sierra based, 2l pinto). The car will be 25 years old soon ( 15 days) .

I am waiting that to register it here in Belgium. (Much more easier when the car is 25 years old, thats due to the belgian regulations)

I am looking for a manufacturer plate where I will be able to stamp the chassis number together with the engine number.

Does anyboby know where I can find one?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Fred ( In Belgium )

Hi Fred , You can check out the (http://www.kitpartsdirect.com/) web site or even have a look on ebay as they heve been listing them on there recently, plus you could always phone kit parts direct /GBS . This is the page that they are on http://www.kitpartsdirect.com/page24.htm .

Hope that you get sorted and get your car on the road soon .

Mike

Hi Fred,

Does your Robin Hood have a UK registration document? does it actually say 'Robin Hood' on the document, if so then you will already have a VIN number and an engine number, I stamped my new VIN number on the chassis, and on a scrap of aluminium that I riveted to the car. The engine number is already stamped on the engine.

If you have a registration document that says 'Ford' or 'Sierra' on it then your car's not registered and the numbers on the document relate to an old Sierra (including the reg number). To get it on the road in the UK you'll need to get a new chassis number (from DVLA) and go through the SVA process, I'm not sure how that would work in Belgium.

Were Robin Hood's around 25 years ago? the donor vehicle would have been a bit pricey !!!

Fred,

Sorry to disappoint you.

I think you are quoting the date from the donor cars first registration --It could have been an early Sierra, The 2B Hood would have been a lot later ( SVA date ).

Graham

If the British documents say it was first registered in 83 then this may have some legal standing in Belgium. Agreed it is almost certainly the date of registration of the donor but this may give an opportunity to register the car easily. I would think having a nice Robin Hood chassis plate from Kit Parts Direct with the date 1983 and the engine and vin numbers on would help impress the inspector.

Good luck Fred.

Nigel

Guest salty_monk

Yep good luck... foreign registrations are all about satisfying the busy-bodies.....

I need a log book from the 60's for mine, then I could import it here & play with it in the sun!

Dan :)

Guest frifri11

Hi thanks for your answers, I'll buy one, sure it will help.

NB, for your info, on the logbook, it says robin hood as make and first date of reg is 23 april 1983. I think they have kept the chassis number and first reg date of the sierra.

Rgds,

Fred

Guest DoLittle52
Yep good luck... foreign registrations are all about satisfying the busy-bodies.....

I need a log book from the 60's for mine, then I could import it here & play with it in the sun!

Dan :)

SaltyMonk, the state by state regulations are so different in the USA that you could probably import your car to Arkansas, license it and drive it to California with an Arkansas license plate.