Carpet

Guest Captain Daz

Guest Captain Daz

Has anyone got some original Robin Hood carpet. I'm looking for the black stuff, the really thin stuff that you can see through when you hold it up to the light.

It's not that I like it but I've used up my roll and want to carpet the cockpit sides (inside of course). I've looked around and everything else looks different and I'd like to keep it all the same.

I need a piece around 1.5m x 08m.

Thanks

Daren

Well ive got some but its charcoal rather than black.

yours if its any use....

2 pics one of the top, one of the top & back.

I also have some hard plastic backed black carpet, but theres not much of it.

Are you sticking it on the inside of the body panel or have you skinned the inside?

I skinned mine then stuck black vinyl on the ally inner skin.

May be easier to do that?

Bob

post-71-1209481142_thumb.jpg

post-71-1209481157_thumb.jpg

Guest salty_monk

My black one is skinned too.. it does give you a bit less room in the cockpit but it looks nice. If I was going to do it now I'd make sure to add some "door pockets" on both sides...

Sounds like you're getting close Darren??! :D

Dan :)

Guest Captain Daz

Thanks for looking Bob. I thought that was it but mine is much darker. I may just have to buy some black stuff from Woolies and hope it's not too different.

As for skinning, where did you get your ally sheet from? I may not bother and just carpet the inside of the side panel. Can't see any problems with this. Can you?

I'm almost there Dan. Just last bit of trim, strengthening bar for seats/harnesses then a check over for the usual stuff.

Cheers

Daren

Guest salty_monk

Only prob I can see with carpeting the inside of the panel is if you get it wet & also if you ever want to remove it.

The carpet will hold water & help to rot the chassis tubes, not just rain but dew, condensation etc (you'll be surprised how damp they can get inside even stored in a garage with no outings in the rain...)

Personally I want to take my carpet out & replace it with rubber.....

Sounds like it's coming along.

Dan :)

Guest Mike Perry

We've got some black carpet surplus to requirements. It is RH carpet vintage 2003 maybe what you are looking for + we're only just down the road at Copthorne.

Let me know if you think it might be suitable.

Guest corfe castle
Has anyone got some original Robin Hood carpet. I'm looking for the black stuff, the really thin stuff that you can see through when you hold it up to the light.

It's not that I like it but I've used up my roll and want to carpet the cockpit sides (inside of course). I've looked around and everything else looks different and I'd like to keep it all the same.

I need a piece around 1.5m x 08m.

Thanks

Daren

Hi Daren

Robin Hood ( G.B.S.) are still advertising carpet for £5.00 a roll and a roll free, I baught some last year its great value. Click the kit parts direct link on the Rhocar hom page. Best wishes Roger.

Guest Captain Daz

Mike

I'd love to take a look at it if that's ok. Can you PM me with a phone no. so I can give you a call? It may not be for a week or so as I'm in and out of the country.

Roger

Thanks for that. I saw it on their site so that's a possible back up plan.

Dan

I know what you mean about the water problem but I've boxed in a sealed the entire cock pit. I used heavy duty roof sealant so I'm pretty sure its water tight. Then again, you never know with water. I may go down the inner panel route as it then allows me to remove it later for corrosion checks.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their input. I can always trust Hoodies for a solution.

Cheers Chaps

Daren

I know what you mean about the water problem but I've boxed in a sealed the entire cock pit

I have sealed all the seam but am putting some drains in the rear of the floor, don't want to end up with my own moving swimming pool.

Daren

make sure youve sealed in front of the rear wheel....there's a b***y great hole there.

I also glued my floor carpets to 1/4 inch MDF cut to size to drop between the chassis rails & the front footwell bulkhead.

I can remove it to hoover out :D & also dry out if necessary.......it boy was it necessary at LeMans last year.. :D

Cheers, Bob